Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

install meet? or just some help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

install meet? or just some help?

I'll be getting Tein S-Techs and Tokico HPs in about 2 weeks. So I was wondering if I can get some assistance on the install of these...I live in Woodbury. We could meet up somewhere and do it. But whereever it is, I preferr it be close to a shop so i can get an alignment right after. I don't really have money to offer you guys, but I can get you guys pop and snacks and etc. Thanks everyone..

Are those springs? I'm not sure what gen car you have but I replaced the springs on my 2nd gen and I have pretty much all the tools needed at my place (other than spring compressors) but those arenet hard to get from Napa. I'd be willing to help for snacks I'm also 2 or 3 miles from a couple shops that will do alignment

"The only thing worse than bad memories, is no memories at all" - The Dismemberment Plan

Comment

oh sorry, yeh those are springs and struts. Mine is the 3rd generation 2002 Protege LX. I'm sure it wouldn't be too different from the 2nd gens. Thanks for offering your help, I'll be receiving these hopefully this week, If not, next.

were you at the meet in june? If so, I'm the red protege

Comment

no i wasent there. I go out of town august 6th, and we can probably get it done in a few hours. I'm in Maple Grove btw, might be a little far from woodbury, didnt really think about it before i offered

"The only thing worse than bad memories, is no memories at all" - The Dismemberment Plan

Comment

I think my 94 Pro needs some work done to it, it's really slow, doesn't get that good gas mileage ( 225 on 1 tank in the city), and has some other issues (my bro hit a tree with it, bumper is cracked, lighting housing is all busted up, and it's got alot of duct tape on it and it's making me sick, the back left corner of the driver's sear keeps lifting up like something is unscrewed). I couldn't do much to help ( I sort of suck with cars...) but it would be cool to get some stuff done to it, it needs a little TLC. I didn't know there was a twin cities club, so this is awesome.

Thanks,
          Scott D.
          1994 DX SOHC Auto (Tropical Emerald Metallic)
          Panasonic CQ-C8400 HU
          eDi 6500 Components
          Arc Audio KAR 200.2
          Elemental Designs NINe.1 Amp (1000W@2 ohm)
          eD 16ov2 IB
          eDead
          Autopage Security System + Power locks!!(KEYLESS ENTRY!)
          cardomain

Comment

hm...I have the springs already, but I don't think i'll receive the struts by then. When will you be back? I can wait. Maple Grove is no problem, I'm just happy you offered. Thanks.
            Originally posted by mattbeekler
            no i wasent there. I go out of town august 6th, and we can probably get it done in a few hours. I'm in Maple Grove btw, might be a little far from woodbury, didnt really think about it before i offered

Comment

bump

Comment

Good luck with the install, you actual may not even need an allignment. Just make sure you take note as to where the dots are on the strut towers in the front are pointing. I've done my Illumina struts and Racing beat springs.
                "In the end, it doesn't even matter" Linkin Park

Comment

Thanks Brian. You think you could give me a hand with these then?
                  Originally posted by kopp0041
                  Good luck with the install, you actual may not even need an allignment. Just make sure you take note as to where the dots are on the strut towers in the front are pointing. I've done my Illumina struts and Racing beat springs.

Comment

When are you doing it? We bought a dog last week and she's been taking a lot of my free time.

Comment

Did you get the springs in? Did you see mazda forums had a meet a couple weeks ago? Looks like their planning another one this month.

Comment

Working...
                      X