Painting the Interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting the Interior

i have decided to make my car black and white colored. Mainly because im half white and half black. hahaha jk. But I like the way it looks white car, black rims and hood. And I ordered some black racing seats and harnesses. So I decided to paint the blue dash and such inside my car white. Now anyone know where to get interior paint, because my car shops dont sell it. Also, would it be possible to paint the headliner and Pillar's? Thanks! OHH my car is gonna look sweet in a few years when im done with it!!!!
    Eat ****.

When I painted my door panel inserts I used engine paint. Its about $3.50 a can at Wal-mart. Its holding up really well, no chiping or pealing. I've even sprayed them with cleaner to wash the door panel (got grease on it when I was working on my car) and the paint held up just fine. Its realy good paint. Don't forget to use clear coat!
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I used Krylon Primer then Krylon paint ($2.50 at walmart), cleaned the surface w/ rubbing alcohol first. Paint never chipped or cracked and had it done for about 4 months so far. I even spilled wheel cleaner on it and it still held up. (use light coats and let the paint set up overnight before putting it back in)
      Last edited by NoFear; 10-16-2003, 08:26 PM.

90 Mazda Protege LX 5-Speed (currently 4 sale)
      -Mods...who care's anymore?DOHC anyone

Comment

I used Plastikote on everything in my interior. I did the headliner in a fabric paint, but I am getting ready to have it recovered in black vinyl. All my stuff is holding up great. Just make sure you use tons of clearcoat.

Comment

how much does a headliner cost you>? do u have sunroof?
          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

I do not have a sunroof. The guy who did my leather seats is wanting to do the headliner as well so he will do it at a little above cost. I think he said somewhere around $80 or so. Can't exactly remember.

Comment

anybody try that "fusion"...brand paint specifically designed for plastic??????
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

hey, no fear...ur car is pimp, any more pics?

Comment

I have a few more pics. Thanks for the comment

90 Mazda Protege LX 5-Speed (currently 4 sale)
                  -Mods...who care's anymore?DOHC anyone

Comment

well show!

Comment

When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                      So his engine he goosed
                      With much too much boost,
                      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

i know brock, but its kinda on topic cuz its still pictures of the interior/exterior of a first gen

Comment

yeah but by the sounds of this, it seems that it is becoming a lets post any pic of your cars. That is cool and all but, lets keep it in its proper place. I mean if it is topic realted, like "hey this is what a painted red interior looks like", or "my paint is pealing" pics. By all means please post them. but "this is my engine bay", "these are my rims", or "this is my grill" is not painting the interior. see where i am going with this?

So his engine he goosed

Comment

gotcha...nofear, can u email/pm the pics to me?

Comment

I'm mean if you want to post a bunch of pics of your car post in the image gallery

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Working...
                              X