O2 sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O2 sensor

Has anyone used the universal type of O2 Sensor yet? Are these just as good as them oem or would the OEM be my best bet.... Just hate to spend so much money on it. Thanks

Well I guess I am going to try the universal one as I do not want to pay an additional $300 for the plug if it can be reused. I talked to the guys at autozone and they showed me the universal one and it comes with everything I need. No soldering and shrink wrapping required.... I will update once I have completed this job.... I am sure there are plenty of you out there with the 0174 CEL code so I am hoping this is quite simple as I have never spliced anything before. Anyways, I will keep you all updated if you are interested.

Comment

I have a universal one on my Protege, but it's only a single-wire on my car. I would recommend just cutting off the wire near the sensor, so that you don't have to cut any of the connectors off the harness.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Thanks...will do.

Comment

Well it was very easy. came with some sort of wire connectors... cut... strip... connect... install... runs like new now.

Comment

2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

how much?

Comment

69.99 from autozone....definetly beats the $300+ oem price..... if you are gonna replace yours.... dont forget to rent the O2 sensor tool from autozone. they charged me $15 deposit and refunded when i brought it back.

Comment

cool, thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X