MS Miata BP parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Miata BP parts

Anybody know what, if any parts off of the Mazdaspeed Miata are superior to the standard BP parts (both miata and protege) and would be worth swapping. I'm trying to get a plan together for future mods, I want to swap in some of the miata BP parts (lifters, cams, maybe pistons) and was wondering if there was anything else worth looking into.

the new MS miata cams cant be swapped unless you like engineering stuff. They have variable valve timing and the 1st gen BP's dont. Pretty sure the 2nd ge BPs dont either but I dont know those motors that well.

Miata pistons alot of ppl do in N/A build ups (they use the non-MS miata pistons). the MS miata is turbo so unles you are going turbo as well, all you will do is lower your compression and power.

lifters maybe might be useful.... I dunno.

oh and this belongs in Engine/drivetrain as opposed to here I believe. Might try a search for parts swappability..... if you havent already.
    Last edited by D323; 08-03-2004, 04:31 PM.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

care to make corrections?

edit: all the search stuff returns regular miata parts, which I already know about

Comment

The 00 and up miatas came with VVT or so I read from some one else on this forum, I just thought that since the MS miata was a turbo version of the Miata, they would have kept the VVT.

I have read of ppl using the miata pistons in BP build ups for the higher compression. There is also a greater aftermarket for the Miata, making aftermarket pistons more readily available.

I didn't realize that the MS miata used 9.5 comp pistons with a turbo. I would have thought a lower comp would have been better suit for a turbo car.

oh and the Mazdaspeed Miata is not covered in the FAQ. Been there read that.

sorry if I mislead anyone.

95ProLeila-
        since the MS Miata pistons are a 9.5 and the ES bp is 9.1, yes it would be a better comp ratio. But for that little gain and the money you would spend you should just go with aftermarket 1.8 high comp pistons from wesco or something.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
        X