The Mazda takes one for the Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mazda takes one for the Team

Some of you might have seen me post on the old board, I just finally got around to making an account here. If you dont know I used to drive a 92 mazda 323 hatchback, it was lowered 1", had 14" steelies painted silver, full catback exhaust, and it had a nice audio system. But now its gone.

The reason is I flipped my car this morning (9/23), with my sister who just turned 16 today. But my mazda saved our lives, she held up strong and my sister and I walked away with only some cuts.

So what happened? Well I went into a turn to fast and on the brakes, the tale end came out very fast and we ended up shooting across the road and hit a dirt embankment, the car launched sideways and landed on the driversides roof and then slide for about 100ft.

I figured out that the main cause was my right rear tire. Its had a slow leak and at the time I knew it needed some air, so while I proseeded(sp) to go into a tight left hand turn that tire let go and it went all down hill from there.

I was awake during the whole thing and it was a very scary ride, and I never want to do it again.

It also helped that I had a four point harness, since most of the impact was on the driverside.Let this be a point to NEVER skip out on safety, whether it be roll cages or harnesses, there designed to help save lives. Even if you dont think you need them, there just there to help.

My Mazda took one for the team, and now im here typing this.
    I cant wait to get another MAZDA.

Drive careful everybody, life is fragile.
    Now Dead, Mazda 323

I'm glad to hear you and your sister are safe, but you really shouldn't be driving fast with family-or anyone else in the car.

That's too bad about your car!
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

yeah , I noticed the rear end of my 323 is very squigily ... at times pretty frigin scary .... So I kinda know what you mean ...

Well glad to hear that you and your sister are safe. that is what really counts.
      to hell with the car..
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

glad to hear your alright but i would never speed with family in the far just glad to hear ure ok like bruce said to hell with the car as long as u ight
        1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

Glad to hear that you are alright as well. A friend of mine was killed yesterday in a Neon in a similar accident
          1991 Protege DX 5- Speed.Tilt Wheel Cone filter with adapter. Red with Black interior
          1989 Mustang lx 5.0 vert Blue with white leather interior,pulleys and fender mount cold air kit FOR SALE

Comment

Working...
          X