Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.5L to 1.8L wire harness question (don't worry, it's an easy q)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.5L to 1.8L wire harness question (don't worry, it's an easy q)

For anybody who has done this... When getting the harness, is the only difference the harness that runs to the engine into the car? Reading the parts list is kind of complicated, it lists lots of different harnesses. When changing engines on my first gen, all I needed was the engine harness, which runs into the car and plugs into the ECU and dash / fuel.

I was just wondering what needed to be accquired.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

I did! A lot. I know you'd need to modify plugs for GTR harnesses . I know that the different years are problematic. I'm just having a hard time reading the parts diagram.

I see engine harness, though there is no difference between 1500 and 1800, only MT and AT. It looks like what I changed in my car, minus the interior. Then I see emission harness, which changes between 1500 and 1800. It looks like the plugs that go into the ECU and stuff. Wouldn't this all be one harness?

Comment

Did you mean "wiring diagrams"? Those are nice, but I don't think they help.

From what I see, all the wiring is continous. Engine sensors run right to the ECU. But in the parts diagram, it looks like there are two seperate harnesses. I just want some clarification on that.

Comment

OK, I think I get it. I think the emission harness is the one I'm after, the one that connects to all the sensors and goes to the ECU. I guess the arrow is also pointing to the engine bay pic. (67-240)

I think the engine harness is the one that hooks into the battery, has the fusebox, runs to the alternator and starter. (67-070)
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X