Cost Of Labor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost Of Labor

Any ideas how much it will cost to put in a new clutch? I am going to order the ACT stage 2 clutch.

Allow 6 hrs of labour charge to re and re the clutch ,if your flywheel needs resurfacing add a day to get this done .

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
    Motegi MR12 rims in gold
    Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
    MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
    Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
    P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

it is a waste to have someone do this for you, this is an easy install and a great opportunity to learn alot about your car....get a repair manual and do it yourself.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

if you're like me and don't have anything that would be needed to DIY, look to spend ~$250 - $400

Comment

spend that for service or spend that on tools to do everything your going to need on down the line....seems like an easy decision to me. I used a 1/4 impact, a couple wrenches, a prybar, and some muscle to replace the clutch on my 3rd gen...has to be just as easy on yous guys' cars. Im just saying that Mechanically inclined or not, people do not give themselves credit enough to do something like this...this is as easy if not easier than changing your back brakes.
          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I was under the impression that you have to pull the tranny, which isn't easy without a floor jack. . .

Comment

You'll need a few floor jacks and alot of ****ing patience. I just hope you have more success than I do. I wanted to kill my damn car...to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                You'll need a few floor jacks and alot of ****ing patience. I just hope you have more success than I do. I wanted to kill my damn car...to death.
                BAM!!!!!!! Thats the answer I was looking for..... it's a done deal... the shop is doing it.... raping my wallet or not.... I dont have time to stress out over something like this when it will cost just as much in tools. plus i have no where to do it. Now if there is someone in the area that wants to come and do it for some extra cash.... let's do it.
                Last edited by sLoPrO2k; 07-27-2004, 12:14 PM.

Comment

it took greg and his mechanic patience because his car was being a bitch. It took me about an hour to pull my axles, tranny and put it all back in. But hey if this is your only means of transportation, than go ahead and pay someone else to do it. and go ahead and pay for all the other stuff that is going to break on you in the future that your not going to have the gall to try and do yourself.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
                    it took greg and his mechanic patience because his car was being a bitch. It took me about an hour to pull my axles, tranny and put it all back in. But hey if this is your only means of transportation, than go ahead and pay someone else to do it. and go ahead and pay for all the other stuff that is going to break on you in the future that your not going to have the gall to try and do yourself.
                    Thank you for your thought.

Comment

all Im saying is that R&R is the easy part of repairing a car. If you cant R&R something then get used to putting your car in the shop everytime something happens. A repair manual, for the most part, reads like cat in the hat, very simple to follow. Now damn if everyone here wants me to write up a damn how to on how to replace a clutch so you can all save yourselves some money now and in the future than i will. And again it will take me an hour to do it. Experience has nothing to do with it becuase i tore my repair manual up when i was replacing my clutch, and it was my first ever fwd clutch.
                      One thing i teach my son is that CANT is not a word. In order to be able to do things, you first must try, and then if you fail, try again, and so on and so forth. I only tell people to do things themselves because ive worked for these shops that charge ridiculous prices to do things like this, ive been in the lunch room talking about stupid ass people that pay$800 to have their brakes changed. You have to learn sometime, but if you dont have anywhere to do it, and as i can see, this is your main source of transportation then maybe you shouldnt attempt it. But for everyone else who is too scared to get up close and personal with your cars, grow some balls and do it yourself.

the above is just a joke kind flaming....lol
                      dude you dont sound like your comfortable with working on your car, be safe and have an experienced professional do it for you. A clutch is east but you must have proper tools, documentation, patience and work area. If you dont have one of these your better off hiring a full time mechanic.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

^exactly^ I'm not comfortable working on my car, but I have a mechanic that I trust implicitly, and if they don't have the equipment to do something (ie: 4 wheel alignment) they send me somewhere that isn't going to rape me. I would never take my car to someone I didn't trust, I mean, there have been times that I've asked them to do something, and they didn't do it because it didn't actually need to be done, and didn't want to charge me for something I didn't need.

Comment

Thank you....... thats just my thing.... I am not scared to do anything to the car ( my wife is though ) .... it is my only source of transportation... I know I do not have the right tools to work with... no where to do it... no one to help me do it... and last but not least... no time to do it with a newborn.

Comment

understood...ill quit nagging now. If i was closer than 15 hours away i would come help you. I just feel bad for people that are in positions where they have to pay a shop to do something for them. Its hard dry rape.lol

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Yeah, it does irritate me to throw money away like that, but it's just not an option for me

Comment

Working...
                              X