X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To mod or not to mod. . .

ok, read this thread first so I don't have to repeat myself:

Now that you're up to speed on that, here's my dilemma:
    I really really like the wrx, and will probably have the money to buy one in the next 12 months. Should I continue to work on the proty or just do regular maintenence on it? If you're going to yell at me for heresy, so be it, but please be constructive.
    yes
    0.00%
    no
    100.00%

The G2 Protege is a great car, especially for the money.
    It can take a good number of impovements(and money) to become a better version of the original. But no matter how much work(and money) you put into the endeavor, it's still an economy "cheap" car.
    Now their value is dropping like a stone as they get older/higher mileage. Would you spend $3K on a car worth $4k? Would $3k towards the purchase of a new car with more potential right out of the box be a better choice? I think so...

Comment

I bought it used, and I don't put a huge number of miles on, so I really won't loose that much money if/when I do sell it/trade it in. But yeah, I know what you're saying, to this point, most of my mods have been things that needed to be done anyways (struts, exhaust, etc)

Comment

save your money for the subie, just drive the protege...you wont regret it.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

If you're already on route to buying a new car, I'd say to halt your protege work and just save up for the new car.

It seeems like you've put a lot of money into your pro. Selling it would just seem like a waste though. If it simply a matter of money, well you've gotta do what u gotta do.

How come you didn't take the Mazda 6 5 door for a spin since you were willing to put out $45K+ on the BMW?
          ED
          '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
          Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
          WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

hahaha, I actually like the 3 more than the 6, just a personal preference thing I guess, felt like my leila As far as the bmw. . . well, it's just badass, there's this feeling you don't know until you've experienced it, it really hit me when I had to slow down to get on the freeway: the car I was driving was superior to damn near everything on the road, in every way, enough said. Besides the dealer might have thought it was weird if I asked to test drive more than one car, although the 6 liftback isn't bad, it just doesn't excite me like the 3 (which incedentally didn't feel at all underpowered, even though the other 3 cars I drove that day all had over 200 hp).

Comment

If you're actually planning on buying the wrx, I say save your money for it. Then maybe you can get it after 9 months instead of 12, or something like that.

Comment

lol, the money is going to come all at once, I just don't know specifically when.

Comment

i'd say go ahead with the wrx and just drive the pro up until, what's better than i stock turbo....right.
                  Jac and Jill went up the hill they planned to do some kissing, but Jac made a pass and grabbed Jills @$$ and now his front teeth are missing

Comment

lol, this is true, I had to laugh today, there was a guy who pulled into the gas station in a newer t/a, loud as ****, thought he was all badass, and I thought to myself: "a wrx could take that and get better gas mileage in the process"

Comment

i dont really like the wagons, but its still a subie and i love subies..... but yeah stop the work and save money for putting money into ur new car

Comment

Working...
                      X