Fly Wheel resurfaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly Wheel resurfaced

Is this everyones recommendation? Or is there any "better" ones out there I can throw in there and just replace it ( I will be paying someone by the hour so what is more worth it?)? Thanks

deja-vu

Comment

A new flywheel will cost a LOT more than a resurfacing. Resurfacing should only cost about $30-$40.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Ok well just thought I would ask... thanks a lot.

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance, what does resurfacing the flywheel do?

Comment

gets any grooves that may have been cut into it, and also, knocks the slick of off it.
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

So does it actually improve performance, or just get it back to the level it started at?

Comment

well, old guys say yeah it does improve performance. But in my tranny experience, (1980's international trucks) the only time you really need to have your flywheel resurfaced is if you have bad grooves in it...they just say its good to mate two new surfaces together...
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

you can think of it just like brake rotors....you dont have them turned everytime you throw pads on....even though the old guys tell you its "good practice"

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

OK, makes sense

Comment

Working...
                    X