LX/DX OEM fog lights $90!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LX/DX OEM fog lights $90!

I found a dealer selling the OEM foglights for LX/DX for $90. I was a little skeptical because the cheapest I've found them anywhere else was $175.

So I ordered them Monday, they showed up today. It's the whole damn kit: wiring harness, relay, switch included. For $100 less then what most places are charging!

Where? http://www.trussvillemazda.com/partsstore/

I'm only posting this here for now...not protegeclub.com or msprotege.com because I'm unsure how many this dealer has at this price(might be a closeout price). At anyrate, move quick!

I'm trying so hard to get into the page but the page wont load when i go to search for them..... akkkkkkkk
    Visit My Garage

Comment

I had problems using their online shopping cart, had to call and order:

Comment

i have been there before.... i couldnt get the online shopping to work either.... i might as well try to grab these while i can...gonna call.

Comment

I would've thought there would be more interest...
          I'll go ahead and post it on the other boards tomorrow.

Comment

I wonder if these would work with Negatize's bumper.
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Nope, I need the Pro5/MP3 foglights.

However, I still need to figure out how to get the wiring figured out if I buy the lights. I'm assuming ordering only the lights themselves will not include the switch, wiring that I need.
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                Nope, I need the Pro5/MP3 foglights.

However, I still need to figure out how to get the wiring figured out if I buy the lights. I'm assuming ordering only the lights themselves will not include the switch, wiring that I need.
                You can buy a generic switch at any auto parts store or Radio Shack or something, and drill into one of the slot covers in the switch bank. Then wire it yourself... I did it with cheap pieces of **** and it worked fine until the lights broke. If you're interested I can post pictures and diagrams. I have no idea how good you are with electrics, sorry if I'm insulting your intelligence.

Comment

I'm not that great with electrical stuff at all. I'd like to have the OEM switch too. I'm gonna browse through these parts catalogs and see if I can order the pieces seperately. If so, that should solve the entire problem.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Ask Cablemirc about it too... he seems to have good connections in that department.

Comment

Davens, did you already install the fogs on your car? What does the wiring harness look like? In particular, what does the plug look like that plugs into the fog lights themselves? I have some diagrams but I don't know if the 99/00 harness is what I need or not.
                      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Hopefully I'll get them in this weekend...It's on the to do list along with tranny fluid change and mounting my new Proxes.

You're asking what the wiring looks like? Can you be a little more specific? Here's a pic of the whole package:

The lights plug into the supplied harness. That harness runs up the passenger side of the engine compartment where there is, apparently, an empty plug. Then you plug the relay and switch in and you're finished...Only anticipated PITA part is removing the bumper to physically mount the light housing.
                        Last edited by davens; 07-31-2004, 05:34 AM.

Comment

That's what I needed, thanks.

I can get the black wire in the center above the two fog lamps on MazdaMotorsports.com. If I get the fogs/brackets used, all I'd need is the switch. I can't find the part number for that itself.

And you're saying that there should be a wire on the fender that the harness plugs into, so I'm assuming the other end of it, there should be a plug underneath the dash, correct?
                          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

will this work for the '00?

2000 White Protege LX
                            Sumitomo 195/60HR14
                            2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
                            Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
                            Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
                            Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
                            Kenwood Music Keg
                            Black Widow Keyless Entry
                            Intake- Custom SRI
                            Clear Corner Lights
                            APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

When I wired up my foglights (not OEM) I came across most of what you were talking about. I didn't see the plug in the fender, but the blank switch slot farthest to the left had wiring already in it, I'm assuming for foglights. As far as installing the actual housing in the bumper, the spacers that are in there are just clipped in, you can pop them out with a screwdriver from the back. Just jack the car up enough to get underneath and they come out very easily. I'm assuming the lights just snap into the same spot.

Clint, ask TheMAN about the part number. He might give it to you after yelling at you for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X