Taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taillights

Alright this is very frustrating. I just bought taillights for my 98 protege and it even says on the box it is for 98 protege's and up but of course they don't fit and I will have to send them back. Can anyone help me find taillights for a 98 protege? If it is a hopeless cause please tell me so i can stop looking. I don't like the tail end of my car and I want to redo it but, in my opinion, the taillights are a big part of the problem. Thanks guys.

Are you looking for aftermarket taillights for a 1998 Protege?
    If so, there are none.

Your only option is to go with the JDM tails for the 2nd gen (pictured below).

This is Patrick's car. Here's his website: http://www.cardomain.com/id/project323

Good luck.

Comment

Here's one more picture for you.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Saved me more time wasting on finding aftermarkets. I guess I'll use the JDMs, it should help but will force me to think through again how I want my tails to look now.

Comment

You've already experienced this but on ebay and searching through the internet you'll see alot of parts that say ... will fit 98 pro and up. Whenever they say that the part is typically for the third gen pros.

Your best bet when searching for parts is to type in protege 97 instead of 98. All 97 parts should fit the 98. 95 and 96 is another story though.

Why? You're asking the wrong guy.

Much love to jersey that's where I used to live.
          ED
          '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
          Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
          WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Working...
          X