turbo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo help

ok i never have learned much about turbos. can anyone recomend some good reading on it?

also i was searching the forum and heard that the turbo manifold has to fit the turbo itself
    does that mean theres a specific manifold for each turbo or several different size manifolds for a lot of different turbos?

This should be a good start:

When people talk about race cars or high-performance cars, turbochargers usually come up, too. That's because turbochargers can boost a car's horsepower significantly without much effort.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by Identity_X
      This should be a good start:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm
      yeah i read that article already.

has anyone heard of a book called like
      the turbochargers bible?

Comment

Originally posted by psycotic
        yeah i read that article already.

has anyone heard of a book called like
        the turbochargers bible?
        Yeah its called maximum boost.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
          Yeah its called maximum boost.
          yeah i read some further reviews on it sounds pretty good......

just wish there was a copy floating around the net

Comment

haha not that kind of copy... i mean a downloadable pdf or something

ill prolly just run to books a million today and get a copy

Comment

Originally posted by Protege Menace
              nope, and if there was an illigal copy edwin would ban you instantly or something
              it wouldnt have to be illegal i just want to be able to download something instead of waiting for shipping.. ive bought a few ebooks before

know of any other good books that deal with engine rebuilding? or mechanics in general

Comment

Please post in the right section in the furture. This should be in the forced induction section..

If you want to learn about turbo's and nitrous or basically forced induction in general. Search on the net and read many different informative websites that tell and explain how a turbo's work.
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

you are gettin in to something that is going to take you months to begin to understand...good luck.
                  According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
                    you are gettin in to something that is going to take you months to begin to understand...good luck.
                    i realize that i just want to have a basic knowledge of some of it before i start school

Comment

maximum boost is available as a downloadable version if you know where to look.
                      find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

oh that helps, why not give the guy a break and post a link eh?

Comment

Don't post the link BP1.8
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by Protege Menace
                            nope, and if there was an illigal copy edwin would ban you instantly or something

the reason for "if you know where to look"
                            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

:p
                              find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

Working...
                              X