K&N air filter.. which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&N air filter.. which one?

OK,OK, God bless the lazy people right....well it's not that I am lazy... its that it is 2:30 am and I am not gonna go out and take the filter off so I can measure it. I was hoping someone could give me a link or tell me the size I need or part number for a cone filter for my CAI so i can just order one. I just want the standard size. I was looking at a few websites and they have a million different sizes and shapes. THANKS!

At a time like this it's always good to remember what Montesquieu said: "I have ever held it a maxim, never to do through another what it was possible to do myself."

Or Shakespeare: "Let every eye negotiate for itself, and trust no agent."

Let's not forget Virgil: "They can conquer who believe they can."

And last but not least, let's not forget what Bovee said: "Self-distrust is the cause of most of our failures. In the assurance of strength there is strength; and they are the weakest, however strong, who have no faith in themselves or their powers."
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

One of my personal favorite quotes is "I am a smartass", by Goldstar.

2000 White Protege LX
      Sumitomo 195/60HR14
      2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
      Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
      Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
      Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
      Kenwood Music Keg
      Black Widow Keyless Entry
      Intake- Custom SRI
      Clear Corner Lights
      APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar
        At a time like this it's always good to remember what Montesquieu said: "I have ever held it a maxim, never to do through another what it was possible to do myself."

Or Shakespeare: "Let every eye negotiate for itself, and trust no agent."

Let's not forget Virgil: "They can conquer who believe they can."

And last but not least, let's not forget what Bovee said: "Self-distrust is the cause of most of our failures. In the assurance of strength there is strength; and they are the weakest, however strong, who have no faith in themselves or their powers."
        OK,OK, God bless the lazy people right....well it's not that I am lazy... its that it is 2:30 am and I am not gonna go out and take the filter off so I can measure it.

Comment

You do need to take the filter off and measure just how big of a filter you can fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
            One of my personal favorite quotes is "I am a smartass", by Goldstar.
            Thank you for your kind and perceptive words. Sometimes I just can't help myself. The Devil makes me do it.

An idle mind is the Devil's workshop.

02 DX Millenium Red
            Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
            Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery

Comment

as soon as you find out i will be so much happier
              i would have setup this same thread but i am to lz
              <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
              AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Go to Pep Boys, AutoZone, or Discount Auto Parts and ask them what size filter you need for your Protege. They'll be able to tell you.
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                  Go to Pep Boys, AutoZone, or Discount Auto Parts and ask them what size filter you need for your Protege. They'll be able to tell you.
                  Thanks for your reply... but the guys at Advanced auto parts didn't even know what a cone filter was... and the guys here at autozone are only there for a paycheck.... guess their classified help wanted ad said NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.

Comment

Anyways.... I got the filter off today and measured it... Now I just gotta order one.

Comment

Originally posted by sLoPrO2k
                      Anyways.... I got the filter off today and measured it... Now I just gotta order one.
                      Congratulations! I knew you could do it.

02 DX Milenium Red
                      As much fun as a BMW at 1/3rd the cost

Comment

You are teh winnAr.

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar
                          Congratulations! I knew you could do it.

So did I, but damn ... if you knew the answer... why not help a brother out.

Comment

Originally posted by sLoPrO2k
                            So did I, but damn ... if you knew the answer... why not help a brother out.
                            Since I don't have a CAI, I couldn't give you the answer. If I did know the correct size, I would have posted it in addition to my "smartass" comments.

02 DX Millenium Red
                            As much fun as a BMW at 1/3rd the cost

Comment

haha... alright then... good stuff no worries.

Comment

Working...
                              X