Rough Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough Idle

i dont know how it would cause it but im thinking maybe my battery could be causing a slight rough idle in my car. i think this bcuz after i put my amp and subs in my car it got a lil worse, only when the amp is turned on. is there anyway possible it could be a battery? the other thing i think it could be is the fact that i have exhaust but stock intake so i might be pushing out my air than i am putting it. I also have new plugs and wires but i dont think its those. anyone have any ideas?

I dont know about the muffler i doubt its your muffler but thats a good excuse tho to buy an aftermarket intake. Anyhow, I have '91 323 w/ a '92 bp swap I have been having this rough idle problem for a while and have done and replaced all the necessary parts that I needed to but still the rough idle was there... I noticed that at night it gets worst especially when the headlites and brake lights are on the idle drops and it make this really annoying rough idle. I have been suffering and dealing with it for a year until about 4 mos. ago i bought a volt. gauge to watch for the batt. voltage. Everything was fine until last week my battery died so I bought a new batt. and this week end I noticed the idle was getting worse and I looked over my volt gauge and notice that at night time my batt volt at idle dropped to 12.5 instead of 14.+. On Friday I replaced the alternator and my rough idle was gone. I gueass It was the charging system all along...

Hope this helps. Peace !

Comment

Well using anything that uses the battery takes power. especially headlighs or even subs. If you want to do something, try and get the high voltage kits or something. HKS makes one. It runs around 150 dollars but labor.. i'm not sure unless you know how to do it yourself. This is all i can really advise. Other than that, I have no clue.
      Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Working...
      X