1999 Protege 1.6 vs 2000 1.8 Integra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 Protege 1.6 vs 2000 1.8 Integra

it all started at the race track. this guy in his integra seem like he was so happy that he had an intake in his little honda and everytime he had to move his car somewhere.. 6 feet.. 20 feet. he had to pounce on the gas to make that intake sound, really annoying. but i knew if i were to race him i would lose so i kept my mouth shut. Anyways i was looking at my time sheets ( i was at a 1/8 track for the hell of it) and i was happy that i ran a 11.09. last summer i ran a 11.1 so i broke my record.

while I was looking at those i hear that intake sound and look up to see that tegra dude back into me. i was pissed. i got out ask what the hell he was thinking and my lil brother and his friends came over and gave him a bunch of crap but in the end there was no damage so to get rid of the tension i told him i see more damage from the rock chips that his exhuast hitting my bumber.. which in truth i didn't see any damage.

what do you know. he was the person i raced. i lost.. but only by a little bit. i was kinda mad becuase he made a big deal about it so i was being nice and asked my brother to race my car so i can see it in action and he agreed. his 96 626 was a little messed up to race so i let him race mine. and i was shocked to realize my lil bro had to race the integra again... but this time my brother had a perfect launch and took him the entire way to the end and won and my little brother just never gave that guy an inch!! I was so surprize i was jumping up and down screaming 'n sh*t. so i decided that i wanted to race again and it was weird i had to race that same guy again... and we'll i did what my little brother did and took him the whole way.

that dudes integra had a AEM intake, some cheap exhuast and a DC header. all i have is a new OEM clutch and a injen CAI. i think he was just a really bad driver becuase that integra has like 30-40 hp on me althought i think the protege is a lot lighter than his. anyways i just wanted to post this to give you 1.6 guys some good news... i'm representing in the NorthWest!

oh yeah when i beat him I ran a 10.9. new record for me but i never was able to reach that time again that night. and again this was the 1/8 mile so i'm not claiming my little protege is a 11 second car by any means..
    Last edited by .Zero; 08-01-2004, 10:28 PM.
    sigpic
    1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
    1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
    2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

nice bro keep it up

Comment

award for thread revival of the year goes to.. ^ this guy

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Why in hell does anyone dig up an 8 year old single post?
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I guess because we were seaching around

Comment

This whole thread sucks.
            sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
            92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Comment

Good job! Dig up more dead threads!