strut question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strut question

ok i was looking at the mazdaspeed strusts on corksport but there like 200 something each and i was wondering if there is a cheaper alternative to this?

not that's adjustable. . . KYB GR-2 are like $50 each, you can get ZX2 struts, or Tokicos dunno about price tho

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
      not that's adjustable. . . KYB GR-2 are like $50 each, you can get ZX2 struts, or Tokicos dunno about price tho
      i wanna get the 2.25" drop coilovers which struts do youy think would work best?

Comment

Eh, I dunno, if you can afford it get the MS ones, I'm no expert on coil-overs, but from what I understand, if you're dropping more than 1.5" some struts won't work. . . what year is your car?

Comment

Eh, I dunno, if you can afford it get the MS ones, I'm no expert on coil-overs, but from what I understand, if you're dropping more than 1.5" some struts won't work. . . what year is your car?
          97pro lx

Comment

So corksport is the only company that offers adjustable struts for the 2nd gen?
            ED
            '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
            Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
            WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

What do you mean ,"won't work" ?, because I've dropped my car with Ground Controls and I have the stock struts.....I hope im not on the verge or breaking something..

"Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die" -Thomas Callaway

Comment

i got the kybs from Horsepowerfreaks.com for around $240 shipped.
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I got the KYB's for $48 ea on tire rack plus like $20 shipping. The damping rates on the stock struts aren't high enough for a big drop like that, and they won't last nearly as long as the proper struts would. The best ones to get would be the Mazdaspeed struts, I haven't found them anywhere but cork sport.

Comment

Tokico ZX2 shocks only work on 1st gen protege's/323's. They won't work on 2nd or 3rd gens due to no sway bar tabs.

Mazdspeed shocks are expensive as hell, trust me I know. They have gotten even more expensive since I purchased mine.

If you can get the kyb gr2's. Get them. Tokico's would be better, if they were available. Get some springs if you want your shocks to last you past a summer.
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

ok i guess ill try to go with the kyb gr2's and the 2.25" drop coilovers? anyone think thats too much of a drop to put a body kit on later?

Comment

probably

Comment

You will scrap all over the place and your shocks wont last for any decent amount of time.
                          You are just better off to run springs with using a body kit, unless you keep the coils at stock height 95% of the time at slammed for shows.
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

what if i jsut do the drop without the body kit?

think id be ok?

Comment

Thats what I did, I have coilovers and the KYB GR-2 struts and I am dropped it about 2" or 2.25".
                              It looks nice and i can still drive everywhere I could before.
                              I got my struts for about $53 each, and had them all installed for $90... Guy also did my coilovers for about $125.... Nice to have hookups...

Comment

Working...
                              X