strut bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strut bar

anyone know a good cheap strut bar that fits a 99 lx?

that one fits your car....

do a search next time, you would have found the answer in 2 seconds...
    2000 DX, Blue
    Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
    2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

yeah....lol. thanks

Comment

that site only has the sturt tower bar for the 2003 model. will that fit on the 99? i just want to make sure before buying. does anyone know a site to compare that bar to also price wise. i know the early mp3 strut bar will fit a 99, anyone know a site where i can purchase one?

Comment

It will fit the 99.

Comment

Originally posted by leiroy
            that site only has the sturt tower bar for the 2003 model. will that fit on the 99? i just want to make sure before buying. does anyone know a site to compare that bar to also price wise. i know the early mp3 strut bar will fit a 99, anyone know a site where i can purchase one?
            As I said before search and you shall find....
            This is the last answer i give in this post....It will fit, if you have a 1.6 then you are gonna need to put in a washer or 2 where the nut is, to make it fit...The MP3 bar is the same as the MSP bar and the Protege5 bar, all they are are different colors...All of this is in theMan's FAQ....MP3 bars have been replaced in the market with the MSP bar, which is silver and imo silver looks better in an engine bay than yellow...if you don't like silver then paint it....
            2000 DX, Blue
            Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
            2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

thanks. one more qucik question. this guy on ebay has a mp3 strut bar on the web but he only has the bar. are there more pieces that come with it beside the nuts and bolts or can i attach it directly to the car itself.

Comment

As already suggested, read TheMAN's FAQ for a complete list (with part nos.) of all the pieces you need to mount the strut tower bar.
                02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

LEIROY, this forum is not for asking questions, this forum provides documentation that will provide you with the answers you are looking for, This is not a place to come if you are looking for a quick easy answer that someone can just answer. You must first spend at least a week Searching for an answer, if you do not find it at that time them post the question. Your questions are so damned difficult that it took certain gentlemen extreme pain and agony to answer. Thank you for you cooperation and this post is sarcastic.
                  According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

check ebay, they always have them on there.

Last edited by THEGOLDPRO; 08-03-2004, 12:05 PM.
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
                      LEIROY, this forum is not for asking questions, this forum provides documentation that will provide you with the answers you are looking for, This is not a place to come if you are looking for a quick easy answer that someone can just answer. You must first spend at least a week Searching for an answer, if you do not find it at that time them post the question. Your questions are so damned difficult that it took certain gentlemen extreme pain and agony to answer. Thank you for you cooperation and this post is sarcastic.
                      You are so right. My "complex brain" suffers a great deal of pain and agony thinking about and going over the same information again and again. I realize this is a serious character flaw and I am working very hard to eliminate this unfortunate fault. I want to become a good, responsible, well-thought of Forum member again, more than anything else. Please bear with me while I'm going through this painful transition. I'm sure I have your best wishes and support to see me through this uncertain and somewhat frightening period.

02 DX Millenium Red
                      As much fun as a BMW at 1/3rd the cost
                      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

lol, im here for you, anything you need, search to see if the topic has been discussed before, then ask me. Ill help in anyway i can.
                        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

you know im here for you, i hope all goes well, and you make it threw this hard, and complicated time

Originally posted by goldstar
                          You are so right. My "complex brain" suffers a great deal of pain and agony thinking about and going over the same information again and again. I realize this is a serious character flaw and I am working very hard to eliminate this unfortunate fault. I want to become a good, responsible, well-thought of Forum member again, more than anything else. Please bear with me while I'm going through this painful transition. I'm sure I have your best wishes and support to see me through this uncertain and somewhat frightening period.

02 DX Millenium Red
                          As much fun as a BMW at 1/3rd the cost
                          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!
                          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

This isn't even in the right forum, last time i checked, strut bars stiffen suspension... they have nothing to do with the engine/drivetrain.
                            Silver 2001 Protege ES
                            5-speed manual
                            4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
                            Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

ahh....quick eye,,,but the strut bar is installed in the ENGINE bay...lol

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                              X