clicking sound when i stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clicking sound when i stop

ok my car makes a clicking sound on the front passenger side when i brake and reach slower speeds like close to a complete stop. anyone have any clue what this could be? i dont remeber it doing it while i turn but it might have?

possible the cv joint?
    Last edited by psycotic; 08-03-2004, 07:41 PM.

it would help a little bit if you stated the year and model of your car.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
      it would help a little bit if you stated the year and model of your car.
      ohh my bad.
      97 pro lx

Comment

the only thing i can tell you is to check your brake pads....
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
          the only thing i can tell you is to check your brake pads....
          well problem solved.. took it to a tire shop they popped off my hubcaps and apparently the last time i had a tire patched the shop put the lugnuts on backwards........ i wouldnt of ever have though to look at that

Comment

ahhh. makes sense. was your wheel or your studs affected any.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by psycotic
              well problem solved.. took it to a tire shop they popped off my hubcaps and apparently the last time i had a tire patched the shop put the lugnuts on backwards........ i wouldnt of ever have though to look at that
              That is absolutely ridiculous, I would never take my car back to a shop that did that.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                That is absolutely ridiculous, I would never take my car back to a shop that did that.
                no the lugs werent messed up.. not sure but i think mycar might still be doing it gonna check it on the way home.

and ive had lots of work done at the shop cuz i know the guys and this is the first mess up ive seen.

Comment

Didn't say they were messed up, but ****, they put the lug nuts on backwards........
                  Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                  BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                  Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                    Didn't say they were messed up, but ****, they put the lug nuts on backwards........
                    yeah that was kinda messed up. i felt stupid when the tire shop told me that i didnt even think to look for that

Comment

them putting them on backwards could have messed everything up.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

thats rediculous.
                        find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

Thats weird because I have a 96 pro lx and I had my car alligned the other day and now the front passenger side is clicking when I brake, I will go check the lugs now.

Comment

Working...
                          X