KYB Has Been Fixing Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KYB Has Been Fixing Prices

Jalopnik: Shock Absorbers Are So Expensive Because KYB Has Been Fixing Prices.

KYB, the company that makes the shock absorbers on my car (and quite possibly on your car too), just plead guilty to fixing prices of shock absorbers here in America. They will pay $62 million in fines. Also, the way it all went down was kind of old school.
    ClubProtege

Eh with things like the Nivomat/sachs struts I think there are worse things screwing the average car owner than KYB price-fixing.

With the way the actual complaint is written http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/kyb-ag...hock-absorbers

it reads like they were only marking up prices on gross units to manufactures. But that may just be the only issue they care about to print.

I also wonder who the other two manufactures are. I hope it wasn't Monroe because I don't imagine how much lower those trash struts could go in price. ;^)
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Working...
    X