Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Miata R-package lip

Here it is.

Bought and installed it at work yesterday. Broke the bolt in each bumper brace, so I removed them. Installation sucked, but I got it done, not the right way, but the MazKid way. It's on strong but I'll be looking for 2 bumper braces now.

Gotta love using a lift while on the clock. I've done it like 5 times installing other parts. Slow nights are great!

And, since it was brough up in the chatroom last night, my fixed 323. The side moulding was coming off so my dad removed it(it's his car completely now. I think the $980 to get it fixed is going to be my last contribution to it). Still drives great, but for some reason after driving my 2 cars, it's not as fun...can't decide if that's because it's 82hp or an auto, or both. LOL

For those that don't know, here's what happened to the car on that dredded September afternoon in 2004:

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

nice lip there, was gign to get it for my miata. but sellign ot for 2 times wha ti bought it for and 40,000 miles of drinign in ne year is better.

but the lip looks good. any other plans for the miata?

Comment

Well, the Miata is going to stay pretty stock, definately not turboed or supercharged, for a long time anyway. I've been looking for a used, cheap, Racing Beat or Jackson Racing header, a good front strut tower bar, and maybe an Eibach prokit. This fall/winter I hope to get the rust fixed - that's the most important thing right now, but giving up my car for a while is not something I want to do.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

looks very nice...how much was it?

and i've said it before, but i'll say it again - i learned to drive (illegally) on my dads red 88 SE! ftw!

Comment

Oh, the lip was $143.75, that's the employee price but a few online dealers sell em for $150 but then there's shipping. Not bad for a factory Mazda Finish-Line part that comes with everything to install it.

Yup, I learned on that 323...it's been through hell with me, I drove it so hard and nothing ever broke(with me driving it anyway). But then I got hit in it and broke the whole side of the car.

I'm glad it's fixed and that my dad still drives it and loves it. My $980 saved it from the junkyard.

Comment

i love that lip, so clean. Although I wish another company (or mazda) would manufacture it out of CF.

Comment

it looks like the lip on an rx-7 the more and more i look at it, especially the middle pic

Comment

Nice lip Ryan.

Comment

in my opinion, miata's are still girl cars, but you are slowly changing the look of it so it doesn't look like that, keep going!!
                  Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Girls cars? Here's my dads. And I don't mean to thread jack. Nice lip!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC
                      Girls cars? Here's my dads. And I don't mean to thread jack. Nice lip!
                      but see, you can tell from the car that it means business. mazkid just needs to lower it and put some nice wheels or something on it or other things so it won't look like a girl's car.

though........i like i might be a miata, a mazdaspeed miata that is.........

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

Comment

I like Miatas. Not stock though. They are definitely a girl's/homo's car stock.

Anyone ever seen Corky Romano?

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                          I like Miatas. Not stock though. They are definitely a girl's/homo's car stock.

Anyone ever seen Corky Romano?
                          LOL, so true!!

better get crackin mazkid, don't want people thinking things about ya........

Comment

I don't care what people think. If it's a girl's car, that just means that chicks like it. I'm fine with that, it's a good thing. Better than some truck or something that's a "guy's car" that has other men saying "man I wish I could ride in that".

Either way my Miata was indeed previously owned by a woman. She knew what she was doing, kept it maintained at my dealership, and kept it in pretty good shape, even added a lighted rearview mirror.

The wheels are staying unless I find a dirt cheap set of the same ones(that aren't bent oblong like mine), set of MazdaSpeed MS-01s(or others), or possibly 16" Miata wheels. Possibly, not likely.

TRRC - Your dad's front lip looks great. It's like a factory one but it extends out more. Pretty nifty. I think if my car was that low and had that lip I'd bust it on stuff, but I drive my Miata all the time everywhere so I often have to go over speed bumps and driveway curbs.

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper
                              LOL, so true!!

better get crackin mazkid, don't want people thinking things about ya........
                              Yeah, but I most often am alone in my Miata, and as witnessed on the Miata.net forums, but not by me personally, most of the people that yell "gay" or other homo-esk comments are often 2 or more males in a single car. Who's gay now, the enthusiast enjoying a drive in his sports car, or a few guys hanging out in 1 car in close proximity to each other?

Comment

Working...
                              X