transaxle level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transaxle level

where is the speedometer cable??? I need to find it so I can check my fluid level.....
    ClubProtege

Goes into the tranny under the battery tray I believe. Anyone confirm this?
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
      Goes into the tranny under the battery tray I believe. Anyone confirm this?
      Yes, it's pretty much under the battery. You might have to remove the intake hose for more room as well.
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
      -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

sweet. I thought that I saw it there when they were pulling my tranny at the j/y

Comment

I can't get the stupid thing out!!!!!!!!!

HOW IN THE WORLD DOES IT COME OUT?
          ClubProtege

Comment

Did you get the actual cable out? If you did, then you need to undo the 10mm bolt, and you'll probably need to pry it a bit. It gets kinda stuck.
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

stupid people beware....this could happen to you.

Don't screw your nuts too hard if you aren't sure your gear is all the way in.

I guess this means I'll be making another trip to the junkyard! I hope they have the part...
              Maybe I should just go ahead and get that BP I've always wanted....ha.
              ClubProtege

Comment

by a nut

Comment

Anybody know if i can drive with the gear thing just sitting in there and not bolted down?
                  ClubProtege

Comment

I broke mine exactly like that and it drove fine for several months without being bolted down. I eventually replaced it though.
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

you could try using tie wraps \ zip ties to rig somethin up till ya make it out to the yard. Broke mine to the first time I messed with it, next time jiggle it a bit as you slide it in till ya feel it click.
                      '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                      Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

i got a new one from the junk yard out of a 91 Protege and its workin great
                        ClubProtege

Comment

Working...
                        X