Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

greedy pipe set was liek 130 from some site, i forgot, but it gave me no u bends.

Are you talking about the charge pipe off the turbo? I jsut took the gasket that came with my turbo, the 90 degrre pipe, and then took it to a machine shop and they welded a flange on for 20 bucks.
    BP-05 Turbo-Sold
    2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Maybe i'll just by a GTR front clip? How much did it cost to get your tranny rebuilt? What all do they do when they rebuild it?
      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by elscotto80
        Are you talking about the charge pipe off the turbo? I jsut took the gasket that came with my turbo, the 90 degrre pipe, and then took it to a machine shop and they welded a flange on for 20 bucks.
        Correct. The charge outlet of the turbo is bolt-on instead of clamp-on, so it needs a flange made. Are we talking about the same thing here? IF so, $20 is pretty good....I was thinking it was gonna run more than that.
        Current Cars
        2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
        1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
        1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
        1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

thumbs up dood.
          00 dakota 4x4
          90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Well i used the elbow that came with the IC kit so that was some money, but yeah 20 bucks there or around it was. The dude said it was more labor than material. He did a really good job on it, I gave him the gasket and he cut it awsome, really impressed.

Thanks for all the props guys
            BP-05 Turbo-Sold
            2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

What size exhaust are you running? I'm planing on just running 2 1/4 w/ cut-out before cat, free flow cat w/ magnaflow resonator
              Current Cars
              2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
              1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road

Comment

2.5 from the cast dump pipe to 5 inches before the cat, then its stock EGT all the way back to my rice boy muffler. I think after the turbo its not hardly as loud as n/a and it sounds alot better. Next summer when I can start working again, i am going 2.5 all the way back with high-flo cat, resonator and a better muffler perhaps.
                BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

elscotto80:

Couple of questions ...

-Did you added any check valves so boost does not go in the brake booster and fuel evaporation canister thing?

-Did you disconnect the VICS?

Thanks!!

Comment

Nope, no check valves, all runs fine. VICS is still connected. I think that if you disconnect it you get a CEL?? Not sure on that one, but maybe I can look into it and open it up so it will have more area for more air.
                    Anyone going to sticky this??? I think others would like the info.
                    BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                    2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Nope, no check valves, all runs fine. VICS is still connected. I think that if you disconnect it you get a CEL?? Not sure on that one, but maybe I can look into it and open it up so it will have more area for more air.
                      Anyone going to sticky this??? I think others would like the info.
                      Yeah it does get you a CEL when the VICS is disconnected.

Thanks for the answers!

Comment

No problem. You going tobe turboing yours?
                        BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                        2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Next summer when I can start working again, i am going 2.5 all the way back with high-flo cat, resonator and a better muffler perhaps.
                          Have you considered getting a cut-out weleded in place of the cat? that'll save you some $$ without sacraficing power.
                          Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

Well I do have emissions in MD that I will have to pass in 2006. Are you jsut saying a straight pipe in place there??
                            BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                            2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

No problem. You going tobe turboing yours?
                              Yeah I'm almost done with the hardware. There's only minor stuff left to do ... weld the exhaust, modify my intercooler or buy another model, do the intake piping and I'm all done... then it'll be tuning time.

Comment

Great to hear.

Now I have a problem of my own. I got the ACT put it today and the shop calls me back saying they can not keep the engine running. So i said i'll go up there and check it over. I get there and everything is hokedup correctly, I even checked for error codes and there were none. The engine would start up then idel real high around 2000 or so, then go down, then at 1000rpms it would sputter then die. Black smoke is coming out the muffler so its running rich for some reason, but I cannot figure out what they did. They are gonna put it back on a lift tomorrow morning and check over it all again.
                                Good news is the clutch, SS clutch line, slave and motor mounts went in and all looks great. I dont know who was saying that the mounts would not fit, they sue did, front and rear. I hope its somthing stupid like a loose connector, I want to take this thing out on the parkway and see what it can do.
                                BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                                2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Working...
                                X