Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they unplug the battery and that could've reset your fuel management? MAF is plugged?? I don't know ... just some ideas.

Hope you sort it out!

Originally posted by elscotto80
    Great to hear.

Now I have a problem of my own. I got the ACT put it today and the shop calls me back saying they can not keep the engine running. So i said i'll go up there and check it over. I get there and everything is hokedup correctly, I even checked for error codes and there were none. The engine would start up then idel real high around 2000 or so, then go down, then at 1000rpms it would sputter then die. Black smoke is coming out the muffler so its running rich for some reason, but I cannot figure out what they did. They are gonna put it back on a lift tomorrow morning and check over it all again.
    Good news is the clutch, SS clutch line, slave and motor mounts went in and all looks great. I dont know who was saying that the mounts would not fit, they sue did, front and rear. I hope its somthing stupid like a loose connector, I want to take this thing out on the parkway and see what it can do.

Comment

Yeah I do also. This is all on the shop, they are going to take care of it, I am not paying anything since i brought it to them in running. They called me today and said they are going to put a new o2 sensor in which wont be here untill tomorrow, so more waiting for me. I have an idea as to why this could be happening. I think the MAF got messed up or somthing because when I dropped in the GTX injectors it was doing the same thing, wouldnt idel and just die. I might go up there and try to fiddle with it, but I would rather have them fix it since its their fault. If it gets to the point where it needs professional help I guess they can send it to a place where they know what they are doing at the transmissions expense.

I just want my damn car back.
      BP-05 Turbo-Sold
      2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Try checking out the coolant sensor, it's green or yellow (ford / mazda difference) and is two wires.

Edit: Oh yeah, make sure the VAF is plugged in!!
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

VAF plug.
          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
          -93 MR2, 129 ES
          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I checked that, but I will call back the shop and ask them too look at it. Do you guys think it could be the idle air control valve? This has got to do with the MAF, I cannot think of anything else that it could be. Do you think when they took the tranny out they might have hit it or something that would have disrupted it? They told me that they did take it out. That is all I can think of, the MAF has got the be the culprit.
            BTW the shop thinks it is the o2 sensor which i highly doubt is the problem because I replaced it last March Also I ran the CEL dealio with the paper clip and no codes where given.
            Last edited by elscotto80; 09-29-2004, 03:09 PM.
            BP-05 Turbo-Sold
            2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

I checked that, but I will call back the shop and ask them too look at it. Do you guys think it could be the idle air control valve? This has got to do with the MAF, I cannot think of anything else that it could be. Do you think when they took the tranny out they might have hit it or something that would have disrupted it? They told me that they did take it out. That is all I can think of, the MAF has got the be the culprit.
              BTW the shop thinks it is the o2 sensor which i highly doubt is the problem because I replaced it last March Also I ran the CEL dealio with the paper clip and no codes where given.
              I really doubt it's the O2 cause when the engine is cold the O2 reading is way off especially with a one wire (non heated) O2 that we have. An O2 starts to work @ 400 degrees. So in warm up mode the ECU doesn't even rely on the O2 sensor. Well at least that's what I learned with my fuel management.

Comment

That was exactly what I was thinking. Oh well, I will let the shop deal with it, I WANT MY BABY BACK, ITS JUST NOT FAIR!!!
                BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

That was exactly what I was thinking. Oh well, I will let the shop deal with it, I WANT MY BABY BACK, ITS JUST NOT FAIR!!!
                  Any news with your car?

Comment

I went up today to seee how it was doing. They replaced the o2 sensor, didnt work. So I changed plugs. The ones that were in there where black as hell. The other ones started it right up, but again it just died at idle. I guess it could be a bad VAM, farking shop was like we can sell u one for 150. I really think that since it has been in their care they need to take care of the costs as it as brought in running flawlessly. Any more input would be great.
                    BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                    2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

I went up today to seee how it was doing. They replaced the o2 sensor, didnt work. So I changed plugs. The ones that were in there where black as hell. The other ones started it right up, but again it just died at idle. I guess it could be a bad VAM, farking shop was like we can sell u one for 150. I really think that since it has been in their care they need to take care of the costs as it as brought in running flawlessly. Any more input would be great.
                      Did you check if your fuel management was still running as it should?

Comment

Checking that today when I go back. Its either that for a toasted VAM. Other than that, I have no clue and will probly be car less for a while.
                        BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                        2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Sucks dude, I know the feeling. If I were closer i'd lend you my VAF for testing purposes
                          I'm from Maryland and my sister lives in Virginia... but i'm in Kentucky right now so I can't help
                          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Well well. I am the biggest fool ever. Turns out that a IC coupler wasnt connected. The thing is was that the techs said they looked over everything including all the pipes. So yeah, im retarded, but its cool, I got my ACT in, ss line, poly mounts(and yes it did fit in the front mount which many said would not) and a new slave cylinder. Clutch is stiffer than usual and I still have a bit of an idle problem, but its runs and drives great. Thanks for all the help guys, i really apreciate it.
                            BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                            2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Well well. I am the biggest fool ever. Turns out that a IC coupler wasnt connected. The thing is was that the techs said they looked over everything including all the pipes. So yeah, im retarded, but its cool, I got my ACT in, ss line, poly mounts(and yes it did fit in the front mount which many said would not) and a new slave cylinder. Clutch is stiffer than usual and I still have a bit of an idle problem, but its runs and drives great. Thanks for all the help guys, i really apreciate it.
                              Glad it's running .. it's almost always stupids thing right? hehe

Comment

Yeah, really. I think I am prone to doing stupid things. When i putin the GTX injectors, I forgot to plug in the main harness, man I need some brains.
                                BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                                2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Working...
                                X