This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elscotto80
    Yeah, really. I think I am prone to doing stupid things. When i putin the GTX injectors, I forgot to plug in the main harness, man I need some brains.
    lol!! Well at least it's working now ... enjoy your car!!

Comment

Yeah, it's a good thing you had a Honda mechanic (me) on hand to tell you to check your intake path. Anyways, glad you got your car back without us having to bitch slap the tranny shop. We got to make some videos once the clutch is broke in.

Comment

you can lower stock comprestion by using a thicker head gasket
        eat me

Comment

no you can't

Comment

yes you can

Hondas can get an aftermarket thicker or thinnner metal gaskets that can actually raise or lower the CR.

Acura Integra Type-R - mugen vs spoon head gasket - i want to know what are the differences between the two gaskets and which is better in performance compresion wise
            Last edited by D323; 03-22-2005, 10:25 AM.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Czech
              no you can't

doubt me lol

what ever

eat me

Comment

What does this have to do with this thread?
                BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

just don't okay?

Comment

lol, it went from cant to dont. I am just curious why it is sooo bad?

I know a few ppl on mugen headgaskets on some honda boards that have been running CR altering headgaskets for over a year now with no problems.

Comment

I'm with stupid
                      Current Cars
                      2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
                      1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
                      1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
                      1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

CR Altering Anything other then pistons is retarded and not very practical
                        Joe H
                        2000 Chevy Impala
                        3400 3.4 Liter V6
                        Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                        U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                        Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

so what your saying is that when you shave your head to get higher comp is not practical and retarded..... then why is it done so much, with good results??
                          ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                            lol, it went from cant to dont. I am just curious why it is sooo bad?
                            it changes the squish volume around the rim of the combustion chamber, which alters the detonation characteristics of the motor.

anyone considering this- don't be a ****ing cheapass, buy new pistons specifically made for the compression ratio you want.
                            sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                            92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT
                              it changes the squish volume around the rim of the combustion chamber, which alters the detonation characteristics of the motor.

anyone considering this- don't be a ****ing cheapass, buy new pistons specifically made for the compression ratio you want.
                              oh trust me I woulnd change the CR with a headgasket... I would use pistons...

I was just simply dumb founded that it was said "you cant" then after being proved wrong, it changed to well, you shouldn't.

trust me, I have been eyeballing the wesico pistons for some time now.

Comment

All that trouble. All you guy's really need to do is find a kit ready made for the car. This might be a little extra money, but in the end you don't have to **** with it near as much and in the long run you might actually end up saving money.

SEE Y'ALL
                                Stuff for sale PM me if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X