How much do welders make??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do welders make??

Ok, I just started taking classes for welding. I really like it alot and im really good at it. That and cars are like the only thing I am good at. And building cool ****...anyways, how much can a professional welder make? I wouldnt mind doing that for a career at all, if my other plans dont work out. The whole reason for me taking welding classes ws b ecause I want to open my own performance or custom fabrication shop, so I thought welding would help out a bit. ANyways thanks and peace!
    Eat ****.

It really depends where you work, but they can make lots.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Agreed, depends on who you work for and where in the U.S. Welders make enough to make a living which then should make you go for it if you love doing it. YOu could be the next Jessie James!! On a serious note though, if you enjoy your work and make enough to make a living then that is most important. I know too many, I mean too many people that make a lot of money and hate their jobs!!! I work in the medical field, so I see a lot of people like nurses making good money and burning out quick. I am in the phys. therapy deptmnt, but I can see how nursing could suck. Some patients are needy, whiney, and don't give a rats ass that their nurse has to triage with their patients.
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

Yea, I could really see myself as a custom car or bike builder/fabricator like jesse james that would be sweet. But yes, I love welding and building things. I have only been to class twice and my instructor has told me that I am an extremely good welder, especially bein a beginner. I dont care really if im super rich and ****, as long as I make enough to have a sweet ass garage to keep my cars and tools in, even if my house is a small apartment next to it!! lol. THanks
        Eat ****.

Comment

It mostly depends on what you are welding (how critical it is) and how dangerous the work is (on top of skyscrapers, in gas tanks, etc). Figure anywhere from $10-150+/hr. Also depends on what industry you are working in (that goes with the other two).

The hardest part is finding the first place that will hire you. From there, moving up shouldn't be too hard.

I had a welding instructor that tested for welding the containment vessel on a nuclear reactor. The job paid big bucks, but was temporary... and really hard to even qualify for.
          David Avard
          '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
          '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
          '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

I work at an exhaust shop and our exh guy makes like 500 a week.

We are getting ready to open up our own shop in the next 2 weeks.. Who knows what will happen then.

edit: He does roll cages and every once in a while a tubular chassy. He makes his own headers too. Mine is under construction as we speak
            Yes, I am a female. So please don't call me man.

Comment

I recommend staying out of the oil industry if you can. Those guys ingest some noxious **** from what they are welding and the incidences of cancer among them is absurdly high.
              2002 Silver ES 5-Speed
              1983 F-150 351W

Comment

Originally posted by SugaPro
                I work at an exhaust shop and our exh guy makes like 500 a week.

We are getting ready to open up our own shop in the next 2 weeks.. Who knows what will happen then.

edit: He does roll cages and every once in a while a tubular chassy. He makes his own headers too. Mine is under construction as we speak
                That is cool man....I mean woman. (I was reading your sig)
                2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                Groundkit

Comment

Wanna make the big bucks in welding?? Get into underwater welding. I knew a guy who made $175 hr. doing that. He would work just a couple of days a week. I guess if you are pulling in over $3k a week you can do that.
                  2003.5 Classic Red Protege 5
                  TEAM-MA

Comment

Working...
                  X