Check Engine Light Flashing?? Need Help ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Engine Light Flashing?? Need Help ASAP

hey guys its been along time since ive posted on here cuz ive been away for awhille, but i need help with something, my check engine light has been on since ive bought my protege and i know whats wrong but i jsut dont have the money to fix it and its not really a major probleme, and the car also runs good. but earlier today i was letting it idle while i was vacuuming the inside of the car and the check engine was on but then it went off and then came back on but now every time i start it and drive it the check engine light flashes. i noticed the computer chips are all plugged. so what could have coused it and why did it do that?

Originally posted by TheMAN
    bring your car to a shop and have it checked ASAP... a flashing CEL means there's **** ****ed up enough to kill a cat
    You meant to type car right???
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

damn i was afraid of that cuz i took it into the shop to have my belt replaced and to fix it so i didint have to replace my belt every 2 days (a piece of plastic was cutting the belt) and for them to make it stop leaking but the day i got it it broke down again so i took it back and it was because the washed my engine to get all the grease off of it and they got way to much water in there and it flooded it and now about a week later my CEL starts flashing im pissed!!!

Comment

at least get the code read for free, check your local auto parts store. Advance does it for free around here.

then go to www.iequus.com to look up the code they read.
        My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
        JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
        AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

thanks glyph and the rest of you guys for helping me out, the light stopped flashing yesterday and now it went out (check engine light) so i dont really know if that is a good or bad thing cuz its always been on then it starts flashign then all the sudden it stops flashing and then it just goes away............hmm anyways the car seems to be runniing the same but just to be on the safe side im going to take it down to a Mazda dealer and have them check it out.

Comment

Working...
          X