Engine stalls when the engine is reved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine stalls when the engine is reved

I have a 1992 Protege with 280 km. The engine runs fine when it is cold, it idles at about 1500 rpm. Once the engine warms up, it drives fine in gear but when you come out of gear the rpm's drop to almost 0 and it stalls. Could it be the vacuum hoses or could it be the engione has lost compression? or something else? Any ideas would be helpful.

Engine stalls

Idle speed incorrect
    Fuel filter clogged / impurities in fuel system
    Ignition components damp or damaged
    Faulty emmissions system components
    Fulty or incorrect gapped spark plugs
    Faulty sparkplug wires
    Vacuum leak in the fuel injection system, intake manifold or vacuum hoses

take yur pick!...good luck
    '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
    Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Check for leaks in your intake tube, and the IACV tube that runs underneath the intake tube... and make sure your VAF is plugged in securely
      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

^^^
        What he said! I would definitely lean toward it being a vacuum leak. Check out the intake as lscrx said and in addition to that also check the PCV valve and hose.

Comment

i had that same prob... so i took the cover off my vaf and phucked around in there a lit bit and it worked fine after.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by CBlaze
            Idle speed incorrect
            Fuel filter clogged / impurities in fuel system
            Ignition components damp or damaged
            Faulty emmissions system components
            Fulty or incorrect gapped spark plugs
            Faulty sparkplug wires
            Vacuum leak in the fuel injection system, intake manifold or vacuum hoses

take yur pick!...good luck
            I have replace the fuel filter
            Changed the spark plugs
            Change 1 of the wires, the rest were fine

I will check the vac system, thanbks for the input

Comment

I used a fuel injector cleaner ($3.69) and the problem is all fixed. Thanks for the help!

Comment

i know you solved the problem but i had the same problem and i solved it differently.
                it was doing about the same thing , when hot the motor would stall at stop.the rpm would drop to 0.
                turns out that the trottle cable was way too loose and close too quick and choke the motor. tightened the cable and it fixed it , it even gave it more go on open trottle.
                its still running kinda weird tho so i defenitely will get some injector cleaner .

andre

Comment

Working...
                X