Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassroots Motorsports $2005 Challange Protege/323? We need YOU!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT seats? Shipping's a bitch though.
    My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
    - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

If you happen to buy something with a DOHC B6, I've got a spare engine from a 90 Miata, which I could loan you some parts from, just pay for return shipping.
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

what if you leased it from Wil? Then you could say lease for the 400 bux or something..... do the rules say you have to own the car????
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

wtf are you talking about, I already told you i'd put $1 on the sales agreement & title. And what the hell are you talking about 250 for my gc's? I told you i'd LEND THEM TO YOU. Hell if you need a receipt i can bull**** one up too.

$400 for a car i've already invested ~400 into, on top of installing a DOHC into it is a bit much you are asking of me.
          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

no... keep the SOHC in it.

and those are prices that we have to list on the budget. The problem isn't that we don't have the money, it's that we need to build the car completely for $2005. Even if you sell it to us for $1 we have to write down the "fair market value" on our budget for the competition. That's the issue, not the actual price. Same with the GC's. We have to include them on our budget, and a decent used price for a set of GCs and ZX2s would be around 250.

get it?
            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
            -93 MR2, 129 ES
            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

thats stupid.....nowhere in the rules did i see any mentioning of that whatosever. Everyone knows the fair market value of a 323 isn't more than 500, especially with 240+ k miles like mine has.

And I didn't see a mentioning of loaner parts in the rules either. One thing you could do is sell the stock suspension to recoupe costs along with the interior (mine is the only year & color the 323 had a blue interior..its only in the harbor blue metallic 91 SE's...all other years had gray interiors).

Comment

"Parts that are given to the competitor by a company or person must be figured into the budget at fair market value. Sponsorships are allowed, but the values any product or service that is used in building the car must be figured into the $2005 budget."

giving it to me at a "reduced" rate is the same thing. It has to be put down as fair market value.

RULES = http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/2005rules.html

for anyone else...
                -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

i could loan some rims and tires, but shipping them might be a pain since i live up in canada, and they aren't 13-inch.

Enkei RPF1s with worn Falken Azenis tires and 2 14x7 team dynamics pro race rims with nitto 555r tires.
                  13.66@102

Comment

what if i sold you the zx2 gc combo for a dollar if you agree to sell them back

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyCoffins
                      i could loan some rims and tires, but shipping them might be a pain since i live up in canada, and they aren't 13-inch.

Enkei RPF1s with worn Falken Azenis tires and 2 14x7 team dynamics pro race rims with nitto 555r tires.

Bobby, we may have to talk about the 14s and drag DOT slicks... that's along the lines of what we're looking for, but we'll need more time to figure out exactly how much we have for such a purpose.
                      -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

well get yer shat together so we can see this motha****a built!!!!

Comment

well, we still need a cheap 323...
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

i nominate bruce's car

Comment

I don't think it's for sale.
                              -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

no, it's not by any means that i'm aware of, but he already has 2 bp powered cars

Comment

Working...
                                X