Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassroots Motorsports $2005 Challange Protege/323? We need YOU!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's checking back with his father about if he's still using it.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I found a 323 here in denver, its sitting in a person's yard, a 92 with 104k miles. He said he wasnt 300 bucks for it. Fly our here and get it. LOL.
      Eat ****.

Comment

i'll keep my eyes peeled for anything. i really hope i can contribute something.

at the very least ill send you some bondo
        Last edited by JGSlayer; 12-01-2004, 01:20 AM.
        91 Protege LX ---> cardomain site

91 protege lx: threw timing belt

88 323 se, mods: swapping in b6t, 70% complete, $150 takes it.

99.5 VW jetta 2.0

Comment

Talk to me on AIM if you want something, I have a spare BP lying around. Obviously I am not going to ship the entire thing, but if you need an oil cooler or whatever...
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Ok, well so far we've got 3/4 team members replied that we want Wil's 323. Still waiting on the last guy to write back.

This is exciting... im excited.
            -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Sounds like a fun project.

Comment

giddy like a school girl....... j/k.

awesome d00d. Take lots of pics and vids if you can when you do your runs.

and always keep us posted.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

i've always wanted to go in the challenge, but being in winnipeg has prevented any such adventure.
                  13.66@102

Comment

It's a bit of a drive... I'm about 20 mins from the event site, which is quite nice.

We've found that we have a M90 roots blower from a GM application for very cheap. So we're looking into ways of putting that on there, and running a 5th injector controled via mircocontrolers, and possibly either water or alcohol injection to intercooler it to around 6-8psi. The F series tranny is scaring me away from going higher. We can fab all the mounts, and shouldn't be TOO expensive to do a pulley, so we'll see. We're still deciding about the route that we're going as far as the engine.

However, it's been decided that we will be purchasing Wil's harbor blue '91 323 SE for our uses. We'll probably get it around the Christmas break, with possible help from Rob, and from there, we'll start building! Keep posting stuff guys, as you've been quite helpful so far, and I'll start getting in touch with the people we need stuff/info from, and possibly setup a paypal account for anyone who'd like to contribute even a few bucks.

We appreciate all the help!

ok, back to studying for finals week.
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

awesome.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

use the a/c bracket to mount the supercharger.....it is easier than you think and works great.

lots of ****in room around that area too
                        93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                        02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                        05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

if you take wil's 323 and sell the interior to get some money back... im already a buyer. or if your gutting it. ME ME sell to ME. :ARCADE:
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Awesome bpt323, we'll definately what can be worked out.

The blower will more than likely be where the intake manifold is... we'll see what to do about mounting, but we can custom fab all that stuff. The blower is BIG, it's about 40 lbs, and it's the 90 cubic inch displacement unit off any GM 3.8L SC'd cars.
                            -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

anyone interested in a F series tranny, axles, and a very new clutch?

If we can get a decent price on a G series and axles, we may swap over, especially with the SC setup.
                              -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                                anyone interested in a F series tranny, axles, and a very new clutch?

If we can get a decent price on a G series and axles, we may swap over, especially with the SC setup.
                                Jesse,

I have two G-series transmissions with axles. Shoot me an IM on AIM when you are available. I don't check the messages on here too often, so AIM is probably the best route.
                                -Kevin
                                -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
                                -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
                                -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
                                -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
                                -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X