Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassroots Motorsports $2005 Challange Protege/323? We need YOU!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then get on AIM more Kevin!
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Little update:

looks like we're getting the car from Wil in early January.

also on the menu is a lightened oem flywheel, since machine work done at a non-profit shop isn't added into our cost, and we'll be using either a miata or KL clutch to give it a bit more holding power with the supercharger.
      -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

nice. I can find you some good deals online for exedy clutches if interested.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

like 30 bucks? because that's about all i want to spend.
          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

i don't know if this will help you out or any, but if you need any AC Delco or Motorcraft parts, i can get them at half of dealership cost (half of what ford, lincoln, mercury..etc dealerships PAY for their parts).
            kevin

Comment

Jesse, clear out some of your PMs! I just tried to send you a message and it bounced, hehe.
              -Kevin
              -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
              -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
              -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
              -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
              -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

booya. $39.95. Its in dallas TX too. I can pick it up and ship it to you hella cheap....

PM, or email me if interested.

NotArrogant@gmail.com
                MimeAssassin on AIM

Comment

well, we'll have to wait on that. I can't use that clutch unless I get a G series gearbox, as the F series gearbox is a 20 spline, while the G series is a 22 spline. So I still have to talk to Kevin to see if we can get a G series box, and then I'll be looking for a clutch.
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

if he cant get you a G series box, I can at a j/y here for 200 bux. I talked with the d00d that runs the yard and he tries to get proteges for me all the time.
                    Problem is shipping from TX to FL is prob not cheap unless you know someone.

Comment

right... other problem is that 200 is going to be too much, unless we can find someone who wants the F series tranny.
                      -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

what if I get a j/y recipt for say 50 bux or something? I know you have to take a fair market value and all, but since its from a j/y does that still count?

Comment

Yes everything counts. Even if we find it on the side of the road, we'd have to budget it for probably 200-300 bucks, as that's about rock bottom you'll find for a used one.

Ideally, we could sell the F series box, clutch, pressure plate, axles, etc, for the same amount as the G series stuff.
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

UPDATE:

this morning, we made a little bulletin board to keep all our information archived and organized.

we aren't going to let anyone join and post, but it's open to look at. If you have any specific comments, ideas, thoughts, etc...

please simply PM to me on here.

we just finished getting all of our emails organized and up onto the board, but it's so early, only 2 of us are even registered yet.

take a look, but DO NOT REGISTER PLEASE!
                            -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

awesome info from Vaughn as always.

Comment

definately
                                -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X