Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassroots Motorsports $2005 Challange Protege/323? We need YOU!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D323
    awesome info from Vaughn as always.
    I see my name. What am I responsible for this time?

Comment

The emails we've exchanged over the last few days Vaughn...

I've posted them on our dedicated GRM project car forum,

and in particular, this thread:

"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I figured it out after I registered and sent the post.

If you are still looking for stuff. I'll go through my collection of used parts and parts that were never beta tested the some how ends up at my door. To bad it is not a KL with a ATX in there I have a super clean AWD tranny for the V6 that was as they say on "Monster Garage", "Freebie, Zero, Zip, Nada from on of the JDM guys.

Comment

Vaughn is the only reason i wish i never left Montreal

When ya coming to Cali Vaughn?

Comment

welcome to our board Vaughn.

Always good to have another wealth of knowledge around.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon 6_4
              I figured it out after I registered and sent the post.

If you are still looking for stuff. I'll go through my collection of used parts and parts that were never beta tested the some how ends up at my door. To bad it is not a KL with a ATX in there I have a super clean AWD tranny for the V6 that was as they say on "Monster Garage", "Freebie, Zero, Zip, Nada from on of the JDM guys.

Hmmm, the car will become my personal project car after the GRM Challange, so we may have to talk after then about what can be done. I've been itching to do some sort of crazy K series buildup for a couple years now... I was thinking KF punched out a bit, say... 2.3L just from the bore change.

Anyway...sorry to go off-topic in my own thread. I'll email you later Vaughn about those possibilities.
              -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                Hmmm, the car will become my personal project car after the GRM Challange, so we may have to talk after then about what can be done. I've been itching to do some sort of crazy K series buildup for a couple years now... I was thinking KF punched out a bit, say... 2.3L just from the bore change.

Anyway...sorry to go off-topic in my own thread. I'll email you later Vaughn about those possibilities.
                i'm partial to the K series BGs myself and to me it doesn't seem nose heavy, or maybe the LSD pull it through the corners.
                13.66@102

Comment

its not much heavier, if any than a BP....which is why.
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

unmounted weight may be the same, but it's axis changes as soon as it's mounted in there. There's an extra head poking out where the exhaust manifold would be...although not really much more than a BP turbo setup with a cast iron manifold.

Comment

its not much heavier, if any than a BP....which is why.
                      it would be good to get rid of that big heavy intake manifold and replace it with some nice ITBs.

i'd really love to work on really completing my car in the handling sense this year, i'm going to auto-x it as much as i can...i don't really care about what class i'd be in i just wanna turn some laps. my ultimate goal would be to enter the economy class in the One Lap of America within 3 years.
                      13.66@102

Comment

Definately a cool plan, and something I've toyed with myself...

Actually me and a buddy were going to do it next year, but I just wont have the financial backing to do it. We were going to run an old Volvo WAGON, stroked Ford V8, caged, something along the lines of 500 hp.
                        -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Actually me and a buddy were going to do it next year, but I just wont have the financial backing to do it. We were going to run an old Volvo WAGON, stroked Ford V8, caged, something along the lines of 500 hp.
                          that sounds like the cars that show up at the grassroots challenge. i guess the 323 wouldn't be as fast or have as much power as all the other cars on the One Lap, but i think it would still get really good mileage on the highway.

i wanted to get rid of my car in the fall because i shredded another transmission but i switched to the MX-6s 4.11 final gear and i swear its faster than with the Probe's 4.38s and it pulled past 140mph on the speedo (who knows how accurate it is at those speeds). the best part is the car is still rock solid going that fast, that was ripping with a M roadster in North Dakota on the way to Fargo from some dragracing.
                          Last edited by BobbyCoffins; 12-16-2004, 01:27 PM.
                          13.66@102

Comment

As far as I can tell, the wagons never had IRS. However, I don't think the live-axle setup was all that bad, either, but I'm not an expert. When I get enough spare cash, I plan to put the IPD sway bars, and nice new struts (maybe springs?) on my Mom's wagon. Supposedly the sway bars are awesome.
                            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

^^^ Irs?

Comment

independent rear suspension.
                                -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X