Anyone notice...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone notice...?

Anyone else notice that there always new threads for 1st and 3rd gen's but hardly ever for the 2nd gens? or that there is more aftermarket stuff for the 1st and the 3rd gens but not the second one which gets me since like the mid 90's was when "street racing" started to pick up speed again(sorry no pun intended).... just kinda wondered why... i mean there isnt anything wrong with the cars or atleast not mine... just dont understand... oh well...

I hardly ever see 2nd gens. When I went to visit my friend in Santa Clara though, there were a ton there. I was like, "ohhh, that's where they all went." I've never seen a 2nd gen at a meet (and only one other 1st gen, anyway..)

I guess they didn't appeal as much to people like us.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Heh yeah i hardly see them on the raod..or even in the junk yards for that matter.. i am sure they sold a slew of em guess not in this area.. or they already been crushed =]
      -torp.
      94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
      81 Celica Gt..

Comment

well go to barbados and u'll see loads!! there's quite a few in trinidad but they are right hand drives. dunno what happened to the american market ones
        missing u betsy

RIP

Comment

I see a ton of em around here. The thing is, they're all beige or green LX's, almost always automatics, and they're always driven by middle aged women. Not exactly the "street racer" type. I think the demographic changed, and then when they brought out the 3rd gen, it started to change back again. There are plenty of those cars around; they just aren't driven by "car people".
          ~Mark.
          2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Looks like we need to start recruiting people from other mazda websites!
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

Wasn't the BP less popular in the 2nd gen than the 1.5l Dohc (don't remember engine code, Z something?)

2nd gens just always seemed pretty 'bland' to me, unless they were done up nice (like a lot of the on the site here). The look too much like Geo Prisms. 1st gens and 3rd gens were a little bit more distinct from the competition, not a whole lot, but enough. 3rd gens especially!
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

I think the geo prizms are infact linked some how to our cars.... I mean the front bumper is like exactly the same but yes they do look rather bland if you dont fix it up (damn jelly bean) the only thing I dont like about them though is the 1.5 and the center trunk peice for the lights... just dont like but once the money is in my account that'll be fixed anyway I was just wonderin if anyone else noticed and why that might be

Comment

So?!!!

Originally posted by cablemirc
                  the only people i've seen driving about with 2nd gens are little old ladier or guys in thier late 40's...

oh well.
                  Hey, what's wrong with guys in their late 40's!!!
                  2002 P5 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                    I think the geo prizms are infact linked some how to our cars.... I mean the front bumper is like exactly the same but yes they do look rather bland if you dont fix it up (damn jelly bean) the only thing I dont like about them though is the 1.5 and the center trunk peice for the lights... just dont like but once the money is in my account that'll be fixed anyway I was just wonderin if anyone else noticed and why that might be
                    geo prizm = toyota corolla :p
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                    X