This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe99Es
    N/A = Naturally Aspired , meaning you get your power without the use of NOS - Turbo's - Supers

You cant have a N/A thats turbo'd
    no kidding, i think he meant that turbocharging an N/A motor can make good power.
    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Keep the thread on topic guys...

Marc, why aren't you using the stock GTR injectors? Are you sure those RX-7 injectors are low impedence? What model rx-7 are they from?
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by Identity_X
        Keep the thread on topic guys...

Marc, why aren't you using the stock GTR injectors? Are you sure those RX-7 injectors are low impedence? What model rx-7 are they from?
        The motor didn't come with them. The RX-7 injectors are from a 89-91 13B Turbo, and are high impedence.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

The E-manage will control the injectors right? Also, just giving you a heads up that you'll most likely need to modify the front mount as it cannot clear the piping. You'll see what I mean once the turbo is on there. I'll try to post a few pics of my modified mount so you'll get a good idea of what needs to be done.
          '91 LX

well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

The E-manage will control the injectors right? Also, just giving you a heads up that you'll most likely need to modify the front mount as it cannot clear the piping. You'll see what I mean once the turbo is on there. I'll try to post a few pics of my modified mount so you'll get a good idea of what needs to be done.
            Yes, I'll be able to control the injectors with the E-Manage. So Im not too worried about it at this point. Here is a basic run-down on the functions of the E-manage:
            e-Manage is an inexpensive programmable fuel management system that allows you to properly tune your factory fuel system without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit. The e-Manage system is a universal "piggy-back" type unit which taps into most Japanese factory ECU wiring, by utilizing the existing sensors. Basic functions will allow the user to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle (± 20% at 5 preset RPM points) by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals. For Honda VTEC cars you can adjust the VTEC shift point. Additional features are built into the system but are only accessible through the use of the e0-1 programmer or our PC-Windows based "e-Manage Support Tool" communication software (Please see our Authorized GReddy Support Dealers for more information). There is a 16x16 airflow adjustment map, larger main injector correction adjustment, upgrade air flow meter adjustment, boost limiter cut, anti-engine stall, VTEC-fuel adjustment, real-time map trace, real-time display, real-time communication and basic Data-logging. With the use of our "Optional Injector Harness" and the software, the unit has the ability to control an additional 16x16 injector duty cycle map and the controls for adding up to 2 additional sub-injectors. If the "Optional Ignition Harness" and the software are used the unit has the ability to control a 16x16 ignition timing map. All of the above maps can also be map-traced in real-time as well. If the factory range of map or airflow meter is surpassed, you can incorporate our "Optional GReddy Pressure Sensor and Pressure Harness" to set larger scales of adjustment. All installation and tuning should only be made by a trained technician with proper air/fuel monitoring tools. (Some functions may not be compatible with some applications.)

I know what your talking about with the engine mount, as that is the problem Dave had. I think someone told him just to rotate the compressor housing a little so the pipe will clear. I dunno what I'll do yet though.
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
              I know what your talking about with the engine mount, as that is the problem Dave had. I think someone told him just to rotate the compressor housing a little so the pipe will clear. I dunno what I'll do yet though.
              Well, Dave has the VJ-20 as far as I know. The 23 is much larger and there's nothing you can do with the compressor housing. Look at the pic. It can't even properly clear the tranny without modification...

'91 LX

Comment

Well, Dave has the VJ-20 as far as I know. The 23 is much larger and there's nothing you can do with the compressor housing. Look at the pic. It can't even properly clear the tranny without modification...
                Wow, so what did you do to clear it?
                2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
                  Wow, so what did you do to clear it?
                  I had to modify the mount and grind off that little 'lip' off the tranny. It actually came out very nicely. I'll try to find some more pics so you'll have an idea of what to expect.
                  '91 LX

Comment

oh man... grinding doesn't sound very good.... let us see some pics indeed.
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Here's a pic of the modified mount:

Another shot. Note how we welded two pieces of metal to the mount so it keeps its stiffness....the mount is being held on the tranny only on 3 bolts now so this was sort of necessary. Don't want the mount bending out of shape once boost hits.

Here it is mounted on the tranny. Notice where we had to grind a little bit off the tranny. Not fun, but it was the only option in order to fit the 2.5" piping in there:

Hope this helps Marc. If you need any other detailed pics let me know as I might have what you're looking for.
                      '91 LX

Comment

Awsome! Thanks Martin.
                        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

hmm..... not for me
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

wow.... very nice fab job dood. Glad I got an arc welder handy @ my dads..... incase I incure some crap like that.

edit ~> Meh nevermind I got the tiny vj20.... size shouldnt be an issue.
                            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

The emanage sounds like an AFC with a few extra features ... am I mistaken?

Comment

Working...
                              X