This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

next time i replace them i'll be sure to get the size of them
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

that will take to long lol

Comment

your local hardware store should have a variety, take a basic measurement & go hunting. if you find a perfect size let us know
        My baby 93' Protege Lx--R.I.P
        New Baby 94' Protege Lx Black
        91' Miata - SOLD
        93' Protege LX new Project (no rust)!
        Mods: Protege:
        Engine: Fully built with wiseco 9:1 +1mm ceramic coated tops and molly skirts, M-tuned H beams, ACL Race rod and thrust bearings with King Mains, Arp Mains ,rod and head studs,3 lbs lightend crank, Everything is ballanced, spec stage 3 clutch,lightend flywheel, RX7 Afm, Fidanza Adj. cam gears, timing,Cut intake manifold from BPT323, exintake cam swap,full port and polished head 1mm stainless oversize valves, vf12/vj20Turbo, 3" custom full exhaust w/external wastegate,3" E-Cut, Eclipse crushed BOV , Fmic, Aem Urgo wideband, Autometer boost gauge, Magnaflo Muffler,batt relocated to trunk, slight wire tuck with engine bay fuse box under dash Bp26 ecu
        Suspension: Energy Suspension rear trailing arms,Es Front Sway bar endlinks,Zx2 Front Sway Bar,El Sport w/bilstein mono tube struts and don't know what springs, Suspension Tequniques Rear Sway bar with Es endlinks,mx3 rear lower tie bar. corksport SS brakelines and clutch line.
        Exterior: Adler Racing 16"s ,Mx6 Front lip,EGT Glass Sunroof,Edm Headlight & corners EGT side skirts,Gt Led wing, Led interior 3rd brake light
        Audio: few things polk momo 6.5 components, VW Monsoon Front Componants with monsoon amp,alpine head unit
        sigpic

Comment

so who has actually done this??? cause i cant find any springs and was wondering if someone can pick me up some and i can pay for your services

Comment

you can't find any springs @ ur hardware store??
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
              you can't find any springs @ ur hardware store??

i have found some springs. nothing i think that can be ver usefull. most of then are way to stiff. dont think i would be able to pull the ebrake to easy with them installed.. but size i beleive 2 inches should work good. thats 2 inches from the mounting points. i do have one spring i found at work that should work perfect. only problem is i have no idea what it came from. i think it was on a mitsubishi. anyone else find somehting somewhere that works good?

Comment

do i need to mail you some?

Comment

well tell me were u got them. i still have a couple more places i wanna check, just cant do it till monday

Comment

ace hardware

Comment

yes i finally found something. not alot of people have much around here. they look a little beefy though. but they look close to bpt323's springs(seen them in the bushing intall pics. tell me did they make it harder to pull the ebrake? i have yet to install mine

Comment

not "harder" it adds some resistance, but more so gives user feedback in terms of feel.

Comment

not "harder" it adds some resistance, but more so gives user feedback in terms of feel.
                          ok, i'll have to try these ones out to see how they are. good thing all my cables are new. would want anything breaking from to much resistance.

what do u guys do to adjust the ebrake. i know how to do it but it doesnt seem to strong. u guys and anyhting special u do??

Comment

nothing special, i have used the same cables without worry. jsut follow normal adjustment procedures & you'll be fine once you finish & test leave some feedback with your thoughts on it.

Comment

nothing special, i have used the same cables without worry. jsut follow normal adjustment procedures & you'll be fine once you finish & test leave some feedback with your thoughts on it.
                              ya i'm gonna try and do this early this next week. never near the shop on the weekends. maybe when i actually build one of these cars i'll see about those hydralic ebrakes. who knows lol

Comment

I forgot which one but the spring size is one of these.

McMaster Carr is the place to find this crap if you dont have a good hardware store near bye.

Type 302 Stainless Steel Extension Spring 1-1/2" Length, 3/8" OD, .048" Wire Diameter
                                Type 302 Stainless Steel Extension Spring 1-3/4" Length, 3/8" OD, .048" Wire Diameter
                                Block is almost done, cylinders are overboard for Weisco pistons, pro gram billet main caps have been line bored, and my chinese EDT rods have been machined to right specs. Everything has been balanced.

Comment

Working...
                                X