Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

NOPI Nationals 2005

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's plenty of room in my house. All is welcome if hotel accommodations are finacially unsound or if you wanna save some dinero for the weekend.

The driveway only holds ten cars, not including the miata and protege5.
    Rick
    '99 10th Anniversary Edition Miata #1946
    '02 Protege5.0

Comment

ten cars?!?!?1111
      Jaime

Comment

I don't think I'll be able to get 3 days out of work. maybe 2.

Comment

also, when are we planing on coming back, the 18th? and how long is the trip?

Comment

Jose - how long? as in distance or time?
            Rick - thank you very much for the offer. i wouldnt mind saving some cash, but at the same time i dont wanna put you out like that. if you really dont mind though i guess we can put it to a vote at the next official meet. it really doesnt matter to me either way.
            Eric Johnson
            Intense Performance
            Mazda Club of South Florida
            http://www.ipmcsfl.com
            Former President/Webmaster
            Member since 11/03

2002.5 Dark Titanium/Black Mica Protege5
            - Exterior: Custom Dark Titanium/Black Mica paint scheme, 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege front bumper cover, Skunk2 coilovers, 5% tint all around, black painted headlight housings, black billet aluminum shorty antenna, Yakima roof rack
            - Interior: Xenarc 700TSV 7" LCD display with touchscreen, black painted A/B/C pillars and gauge bezel, Mazdaspeed door sills, and Delphi SkyPhi XM Radio
            - Performance: Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors, Red Samco silicon cooling hoses, Black Injen CAI, Greddy Evo2 Cat-back exhaust system, Progess 22mm rear sway bar, Racing Beat front sway bar, OBX Racing 4-1 header, Medieval front motor mount
            - Car Computer specs: Removed for now...
            Current project: None...

Comment

Originally posted by Kr33peR
              Jose - how long? as in distance or time?
              Rick - thank you very much for the offer. i wouldnt mind saving some cash, but at the same time i dont wanna put you out like that. if you really dont mind though i guess we can put it to a vote at the next official meet. it really doesnt matter to me either way.
              Both

Comment

assuming we leave thursday and not wednesday the trip will be from September 15-18. 4 days. i think i drove a little more than 2,000 miles last year, but i did an additional trip aside from going to NC and GA. i would definately suggest doing an oil change before you go if you are as anal about engine care as i am.
                Last edited by Kr33peR; 05-19-2005, 11:45 PM.
                Eric Johnson
                Intense Performance
                Member since 11/03

- Exterior: Custom Dark Titanium/Black Mica paint scheme, 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege front bumper cover, Skunk2 coilovers, 5% tint all around, black painted headlight housings, black billet aluminum shorty antenna, Yakima roof rack
                - Interior: Xenarc 700TSV 7" LCD display with touchscreen, black painted A/B/C pillars and gauge bezel, Mazdaspeed door sills, and Delphi SkyPhi XM Radio
                - Performance: Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors, Red Samco silicon cooling hoses, Black Injen CAI, Greddy Evo2 Cat-back exhaust system, Progess 22mm rear sway bar, Racing Beat front sway bar, OBX Racing 4-1 header, Medieval front motor mount

Comment

unless u run that mobil 15000 crap.....
                  Jaime

Comment

i use Mobil 1 10w30 full synthetic with a Fram Double Guard oil filter. i really could go about 5000 miles per change, but i like sticking with my old fashioned 3000 miles.
                    Eric Johnson
                    Intense Performance
                    Member since 11/03

Comment

i use Mobil 1 10w30 full synthetic with a Fram Double Guard oil filter. i really could go about 5000 miles per change, but i like sticking with my old fashioned 3000 miles.
                      i stick to the 3k also but usually end up changing it avery 3500. i also use mobil 1 but i use OEM filter. i will do an oil change just for the trip.

the trip requires 4 days, thursday, friday, saturday and sunday. you can do 3 days for example but you will end up driving home during the night after nopi by yourself. not a lot of fun, trust me. holy crap the stuff i saw...
                      <B>Dima</B>
                      Intense Performance
                      South Florida Mazda Club

<a href="http://www.ipmcsfl.com">http://www.ipmcsfl.com</a>

http://streamlounge.blogspot.com/

2002 Protege5 2.0L Zoom Car
                      1987 Mustang 2.3Lx Pony Car

"Never **** with Mother Nature,
                      Mother Law and Mother Phreaking
                      Ukrainians" - Skinny Pete - 'Italian Job'

"Скорость ето страсть...Скорость ето жизнь..." - Мираж

Comment

last year i drove back with Jo. it is alot better to drive back with at least one person so if you run into trouble you arent stuck out in the middle of BFE by urself.
                        Eric Johnson
                        Intense Performance
                        Member since 11/03

Comment

last year i drove back with Jo. it is alot better to drive back with at least one person so if you run into trouble you arent stuck out in the middle of BFE by urself.
                          What were you doing in Egypt?
                          AUTOCROSSING JUNKIE EXTRODINAIRE

MODS:

Injen CAI - JSPEC Intake and Exhaust Cams - Bosal Exhaust - Red Calipers - Brembo Slotted & Drilled Rotors F/R- Goodridge SS Brake Lines - Wagner Shorty SS Header - Unorthodox Racing Crank Pulley - GT Spec 4-Point Ladder Bar - GT Spec Rear Strut Bar - GT Spec Front Strut Bar - GT Spec Front Tie Bar- Tein Super Street Dampers - AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar - PIAA Sports Horn (115db)

"Peace on the Beach... Charlie don't surf!"

Comment

Eric, I suggest using a different oil filter. I wouldn't put a Fram on a bicycle. Go to napa and get a Wix. Being raised in a auto parts store, I've seen the guts of most top name filter and Fram SUCKS.
                            Tony
                            Intense Performance
                            Mazda Club
                            of South Florida

www.ipmcsfl.com
                            www.responsenegative.com
                            www.cystband.com

I'm happy because Dima speeds, which makes him happy. He seems to be happy only when speeding, which makes me happy. And when I'm happy people around me are able to live another day. If you are alive right now, you should thank Dima.

Comment

oem is the best, allows for the highest amount of oil PSI (82), my old frams would only reach 70
                              Jaime

Comment

Originally posted by 1FastMP3
                                What were you doing in Egypt?
                                i was getting some sand to make a desert in my backyard.

Eric, I suggest using a different oil filter. I wouldn't put a Fram on a bicycle. Go to napa and get a Wix. Being raised in a auto parts store, I've seen the guts of most top name filter and Fram SUCKS.
                                mmk... well i guess i am going to NAPA when i do my next oil change. thanks for the info Tony. its always appreciated.
                                Eric Johnson
                                Intense Performance
                                Member since 11/03

Comment

Working...
                                X