Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan?

Is there anyone from Japan in this forum?

That would be me!

1996 Mazda Familia NEO BHA8S
    (Protege ES Fastback equivalent)

1.8l BP-ZE engine, lightly tuned.
    Check out my website for details:
    La Sagrada Familia NEO

Comment

Hey, nice to meet you neo. I LOVE your rims!!! I wanted to get a set of those for my car. I posted a thread in the general section about it. But since you're in Japan, and since you have the rims, you'd already know. How much did you pay for them and what tires are you usin' with them?

Comment

Nice to meet you, too 323.
        I got my F1s years ago at a local autoparts store similar to Autobacs but just a few stores locally, called Hashimoto Tire. They set me back alot though, back when auctions weren't around yet (I think), 160,000JPY including a set of 205/45-16 Dunlop W10s. Right now I have a set of BF Goodrich Profiler Gs. I highly recommend them. Great cost-performance.
        Check out my website for more details.
        By the way are you living in Japan? Whereabouts? Are you Japanese?
        You can probably order these through your local Autobacs store, they can get anything. I've also seen these a couple of times on Yahoo Auctions as well.

La Sagrada Familia NEO

Comment

I always wanted to goto Japan one day

Comment

Hey neo, what's the price range of a set of those F1's in Japan. I want to try to purchase them from there and ship it here if it would be cheaper for me. They cost $7000 TTD here, which is roughly 125,053.65 JPY. I saw on the OZ Japan site that they cost about 50,000 JPY, which is about $3500 here. Also, do you know the price of a set of Pirelli's, P Zero Zrated Tires. I'm lookin' to with with 17" rims and ofcourse tires to fit the rims, about 40 series.
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mazda323
              Hey neo, what's the price range of a set of those F1's in Japan. I want to try to purchase them from there and ship it here if it would be cheaper for me. They cost $7000 TTD here, which is roughly 125,053.65 JPY. I saw on the OZ Japan site that they cost about 50,000 JPY, which is about $3500 here. Also, do you know the price of a set of Pirelli's, P Zero Zrated Tires. I'm lookin' to with with 17" rims and ofcourse tires to fit the rims, about 40 series.
              Thanks.
              OZ F1s are pretty expensive, and I couldn't find any discounts on the Net. You're looking at 50,000JPY each for 17 x 7.0's. Pirelli P Zero Nero's can be had for 20,000JPY each, for 205/40-17's.

I take it you're not from Japan. What's TTD?

La Sagrada Familia NEO

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry about that neo. I'm not from Japan, I'm from Trinidad and TTD is Trinidad & Tobago Dollars which is the currency we use.

Your damn right they're expensive but it's more expensive there in Japan. I'm gettin' them here for $1750 TTD each ($7000 TTD for 4). So I think I'll just buy the rims here.

I don't know how much those tires cost here, but I heard that I could probably get them for $1200 TTD, used. What do you think?

But you said Pirelli P Zero Nero's? I've never heard of that, but then again, I don't know much about rims and tires.

Comment

Oh, Trinidad. That's cool.
                  Yeah, after comparing prices you shold definitely get them there. Japan is just real expensive.

About the P Zero Neros, Japan has some market-specific models. Aside from P Zero System, there's P Zero Nero, and also P Zero Rosso, P Zero Corsa, P Zero C, P Zero Asimmetrico and P Zero Direzionale, as far as I know. Tho' I'm not an expert, I just looked it up. Each one has a different tread pattern apparently.

Good luck with your purchase!

La Sagrada Familia NEO

Comment

Damn, I didn't know there were so many P Zero Pirelli's! I thought there was just like 1. Anyway, thanks alot for the info though. But could you help me out with 1 thing? Well we get alot of rain here and I mean my car is a '99 Mazda 323 (Familia as they call it in Japan) and I mean it's not really that fast, 1.6L Stock. My friend is tellin' me to go with Toyo Tires and my cousin is sayin' Pirelli's. Do you have an idea as to what I should really go for, or could you suggest something?
                    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mazda323
                      Damn, I didn't know there were so many P Zero Pirelli's! I thought there was just like 1. Anyway, thanks alot for the info though. But could you help me out with 1 thing? Well we get alot of rain here and I mean my car is a '99 Mazda 323 (Familia as they call it in Japan) and I mean it's not really that fast, 1.6L Stock. My friend is tellin' me to go with Toyo Tires and my cousin is sayin' Pirelli's. Do you have an idea as to what I should really go for, or could you suggest something?
                      Thanks!
                      I really wouldn't know the difference, except in terms of high-performance tires, it's a safe bet to assume that all of them pretty much achieve the same thing. I mean, basically you've got to trust what the mfgr's literature says, right? And they all say the same thing: high-performance in wet and dry, good cornering, better gas mileage, low noise. Besides that I guess the deciding factor is price. What would REALLY help are user impressions. That you could get from individual's homepages, or better yet, I would start a thread asking for input in the Wheel/Tires forum. As for why I chose the tires I have, click on HERE .

La Sagrada Familia NEO

Comment

Working...
                      X