Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help with P1195

1997 Mazda Protege, 1.5L

I have been dealing with this code for about two years now and the local mazda dealership and other local repair shops have not fixed the problem. Here what was replaced due to this DTC P1195:

MAP/Baro/Boost Sensor(new)
    MAP/Baro/Boost Sensor Solenoid (new)
    EGR Valve(new)
    Vacuum Hoses(new)
    Exhaust Manifold (new) (previous one cracked)
    PCM (used) (I still received CEL)

The wiring harness has been check for continuity for sensors(egr position, map sensor, throttle body sensor to PCM)

I have checked the codes with an Equus OBDII Code reader and replaced these parts myself.

If anyone can lead me in the right direction, I will be estatic.

turbonium will chime in soon and define what the actual code is...

then more people will be able to help you diagnose, because very few have the actual code numbers memorized

Comment

hahaha ive had this same ass stupid code in my car too. mine is a p1195 which is egr malfunction. it could be clogged with excessive carbon. well thats what my obd II reader said "egr restriction" exactly. answer your question?

oh yea. why would you buy a used pcm valve?
      Last edited by wheresthericego; 03-15-2005, 06:05 PM.
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

P1195 - EGR Boost Sensor Open or Short

Detection Condition:
        Input voltage from EGR BS is below 0.2V or above 4.8V when time from engine started is 5 seconds.
        Difference in intake manifold pressures before and after EGR boost sensor solenoid valve is switched is less than 6.4 kPa (48.24mmHg, 1.90inHg) when time from engine started is 5 seconds.

Possible Cause:
        EGR boost sensor malfunction.
        EGR boost sensor vacuum hose loosed, damaged and clogged.
        Open or short circuit in wiring from PCM terminal 3M to EGR boost sensor terminal B.
        Open or short circuit in wiring from PCM terminal 3I to EGR boost sensor terminal C.
        Open circuit in wiring from PCM terminal 4E to EGR boost sensor terminal A.

To help solve you your problem, my guess is that is somewhere in your wiring. Since you replaced all the parts that could have been faulty with new parts, I doubt they are still your problem. I hope this helps.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I need help with P1195

Thanks, I will try to check it tonight.

Comment

I need help with P1195

I check the wiring from the Map/Baro/Boost Sensor last night. I had continuity from the plug on the PCM/ECU to the sensor on all three wires. I will check the voltage for 5V on the sensor plug with the ignition on.

I took the car to the local Mazda Dealer today to double check. They wanted me to replace the PCM ($547.00, probably refurbished). I told them no because I have replace the computer once and what are the chances of having the same problem on two different PCM's. Any more suggestions?

Comment

I reset my PCM on Friday and the computer tested most of the I/M monitors and I passed my inspection this morning. Thanks for all you help.

Comment

check the vacuum port on the intake manifold where the EGR boost sensor line goes in it will usually be partially blocked with carbon.
                98 protege lx 1.8l
                short ram intake custom
                crane hi-6 ign.
                14 miata alloy wheels
                .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

Working...
                X