brake pads opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake pads opinions

i'm planning to work on my brakes in a couple of weeks but i just want to make them work, no need for high performance stuff since i only daily drive it... i'm in canada, montreal and planning to get non performance pads. i don't which companie makes better pads, certified, monroe etc and wheter 3 year warranty pads are any good. I know they might be hard on the rotors though... About the liquid, i using dot 3, regular but if anyone can point out any advantages of using dot4, i will be willing to change.

im planning to change the master cylinder along with the booster maybe since mine is all rusty and i have an assembly lying around, machine my rotors and change front pads. Didn't decide about the rear yet.

Any input is appreciated,

Thanks,

4 has a higher boiling point. Really depends on your driving. If your just a daily driver (like you said) with a few hard stops, then dot 3 should be fine, especially in Can. If your wanting a more performance oriented brake fluid, dot 4 would be the better choice.

why not get the performance pads? You can get the performance pads online for usually cheaper than the non-performance ones in the auto parts stores.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Are the wagner semi metallics any good if we consider wear and noise? anybody?

Should i get semi metalics, organics or ceramics if i want to reduce noise and wear?

Comment

I just put on "ceramic" pads.
        I was under the impression that they were supposed to be cleaner, but they give off way more break-dust! (Does this mean they will wear faster?)

I do feel them "bite" alot harder than "normal" pads, which is awsome!
        '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
        Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Working...
        X