Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the passenger side one came out with some 'massaging' (namely mr. hammer and mr. prybar)

the good deals came from being sooo bored @ work and hunting deals all day long... and alot of luck. Found both compressor and crane off of craigslist.... they both were looking at getting rid of them since they were moving. The pipe bender I got off of eBay. was something like 85 bux shipped... I cant wait to use it. I will do up to a 3 in pipe.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
      the passenger side one came out with some 'massaging' (namely mr. hammer and mr. prybar)

the good deals came from being sooo bored @ work and hunting deals all day long... and alot of luck. Found both compressor and crane off of craigslist.... they both were looking at getting rid of them since they were moving. The pipe bender I got off of eBay. was something like 85 bux shipped... I cant wait to use it. I will do up to a 3 in pipe.
      just remember it wont make mandrel bends... only a big big expensive bender can do mandrel....that will do pressure bend (aka crush bend) but not mandrel.....

nice mess on the floor . just use some castrol super clean and it will come right off... good to see that the swap is coming along.. so have you torn the gtx apart yet?
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
      Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
        nice mess on the floor . just use some castrol super clean and it will come right off...
        I use cat litter. lol

Comment

redfox:
          not yet... I want to getit on the engine stand first... I need to get the bolts that bolt the tranny to the block, so I can get it on the stand.
          Oh and I know its a crush bender, but if you go slow and heat the pipe you can make bends that are closer to mandrel bends than crushed ones. Wont be perfect, but the fact that that the exhaust will be 1 piece will help flow alot.

intruder:
          yeah kitty litter was the plan... that and simple green with an old mop.

its @ my g/fs moms house, so she kinda freaked when she saw the motor and the mess on teh floor.

I didnt realize just how much larger this v6 really is.... I want to get it weighed so I figure out how much of a difference there is.... I know in the past everyone has said (including me) that the aluminum block v6 is about the same as the GTX, but I am starting to have my doubts. Other than loading it into my friends pickup and getting it weiged with the motor and w/o then finding the difference, anyone have another way?

I lack a few parts to get it installed... I still need a clutch, piping, some misc sensors, gauges, muffler, silicone couplers, and I think a drivers side motor mount.. (the one I got doesnt fit for some reason....)

Comment

Well fuq it all.....

I smashed the 323 last week. She still drives, but looks like once the MX3 is done, the 323 is going to get scrapped. I wish I could hold onto her and fix her, but I have no room, and all the parts I got for her, are just going to have to go anyways.

The good thing is alot of her will live on in my MX3.... her struts, springs, stereo, etc will go to make the MX3 better.

The progress on the MX3 is slow... summer school has been kicking me in the teeth, and making it hard to find time to work on her.... (35 hrs per week job, 25 hrs per week for school)
            I got a spec clutch finally. I decided on the stage 2 kevlar disc clutch for street driving... although I am told the fidanza flywheel will make daily driving suck hard core.
            I did have a set of Miata pistons to go in, but those are going to have to wait, as I want to get her on teh road ASAP.
            I have been hunting deals off of ebay and locally... she should be on the road by the end of July at the latest.

Comment

Man, that sucks. So what happened to the 323?

Comment

I was on the brakes on the frontage road, and slowing in traffic.... this lady in one of those Mercedes ML-320's (the tribute looking mini SUV ones) cuts me off and stomps the brakes b/c the guy infront of her that I was following stopped.

All in all, she had abs so she stopped way short. I dont, so I slid. I didnt hit her very hard at all... infact, it just messed up the paint a little bit on her bumper. I however need, a new radiator support, headlights, grille, hood, corners and the like.

Comment

sorry to hear about the 323.

Comment

Originally posted by silverchris1
                    sorry to hear about the 323.
                    thanks for the condolences guys....

Comment

damn...same thing happend to me, barely taped a guy in a piick up truck...didnt do anything to his truck...yet totalled the whole front end of my 323 =*(
                      93' mazda 323 - stock 1.6L sohc, absolutely no mods

Comment

BTW: your pump is on the way... been a craaaaaaaazy week. But i have a BIG suprise/heart for the protege..yaaaaa me...lol good luck on your swap. WHats wrong with the mount?

Comment

Sorry to see the 323 go....

but it is nice to hear that it will live on in some form
                          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Damn man... that really really sucks, how many 323's are left on the board now
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I'll probably get another 323 one day...

For the time being, GTX MX3 will have to suffice. Not a BG, but its pretty damn close.

Comment

Well scored an alternator and AC compressor locally for the GTX motor. Some girl blew up her protege and was parting out the motor. I plan on calling her about some mroe crap once I get the accessories on and running.

Comment

Working...
                                X