Adjust timing = weird idle?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjust timing = weird idle?!

Well i went to change the timing today on the car to more then stock and the shop manual only said that car has to be fully warmed up no mention if i should jump the pins with the car on or off but i did it with it off and when taking out with it off as well. BUT the only weird thing i did since i thought maybe the pins weren't jumped since the idle wasen't changing much i pulled it with the car running and i think from there on i had the strange up and down idle. Basicly it hovers from 500-1000 rpm up and down unless you atleast hold the throttle down lightly or adjust the idle screw which helped make it be more like its suppose to be. So i'm thinking i gotta reset the ecu and then redo the above but this time doing it without pulling the jumper wire WHILE its running! lol. So i'm assuming if i reset the ecu i have to start at my original setting on the distributor and then adjust again with the jumper wire or will it stay on reset considering that the car wants to self adjust which is the original reason for the jumper wire!?
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

You probably just retarded your ignition timing. Don't jump any wires or reset anything. Just go back, turn the disty the other way while your car is idling and see if it smooths it out.

Comment

Defintly didn't do that. I made sure to move the distributor both ways to see which way made the rpms drop (retard) and increase (advance) and i moved it the direction of the increase!
      **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
      95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Working...
      X