Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess I won't be getting my BP after all. (I'll charge first from now on.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I won't be getting my BP after all. (I'll charge first from now on.)

----WARNING: LONG ASS THREAD AHEAD! ----

Okay. So I am a freelance scripter/web designer. I have never had any issues with non payment before so I usually charge after work.

I did work for a guy named Craig. He pretended to be "rich" or something, and he was paying me 300 dollars to setup a few forums sites. The 300 dollars was for my new BP engine, my B8 is about to explode. Leaking oil, PS fluid is overflowing, overheating, the whole 9 yards.

All of them were named things like, "Discussprogramming.com", or "Programmertalk.com", or "Namesville.com", or "Talkcrap.com"

So you know how he names domains. He also types kind of funny, and uses the wrong kind of "through" when that word needs to be used.

I had someone email me and ask if I could make them a site just like Craigs latest one.

He IMed me on my name "ProtegeChris" and he said he moderated for Namesville.com. ProtegeChris is only given to my friends, I don't have it on namesville.com, but Craig does have it.

After a while I said "Is this craig?" he kept saying "Who's Craig?" "I don't know any craigs"

Craig said he sent 300 dollars to the scrapyard, they never got it. He said he sent 55 dollars to me, I never got it. He said he sent it via Western Union, but he made me do more work for him to get it, and then he went idle and I haven't seen him since.

Here is the latter half of the conversation, it ended with me blocking him.

IndieBandRadio: http://www.aliensector.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6
    IndieBandRadio: orangish
    IndieBandRadio: whats the name of this site? that might help looking as well
    Eworker247: the name of the website is going to be
    Eworker247: TheDomainstalk
    IndieBandRadio: lol you are totally craig.
    IndieBandRadio: you are craighill33
    IndieBandRadio: Your avatar is the same, your typing styles are the same, your logic for thinking of names for forums sites are the same.
    IndieBandRadio: You IM'ed protegechris, which is not a publically available screen name, IndieBandRadio is however.
    Eworker247: No im not craig
    Eworker247: watch go to my domain yomah go to whois
    Eworker247: and on the whois it will show you an email adress go to that email adress send an email my name is joe papalexandrou
    Eworker247: tell me when you send the email
    Eworker247: so i can show you proof im not craig
    IndieBandRadio: What do you think of craig joe?
    Eworker247: He's ok
    Eworker247: i got ripped from him once
    IndieBandRadio: You told me earlier you didn't know who craig was.
    IndieBandRadio: Hi craig.
    Eworker247: Yea i do
    Eworker247: i know him
    Eworker247: from websites
    Eworker247: im a mod on his website how will i not know him lol
    IndieBandRadio: Well he's done nothing but tell me lies so I don't feel inclined to work for any of his associates.
    Eworker247: Well i want website like his and i am not craig
    Eworker247: craig is a little weird
    Eworker247: but i know him
    IndieBandRadio: Look, craig told me on two occasions he sent money orders. They never arrived, which never happens. Then he says he sent it via western union, told me to finish another site before he gave me the number. I got in an arguement with him, finished the site anyways, then he went idle, and I haven't seen him since, almost 3 days now.
    Eworker247: i send money before business happens
    IndieBandRadio: If you need some work done from me, convince him to pay me what I'm owed and I'll be glad to help you out with a large discount.
    Eworker247: I cant i only know him threw the net
    IndieBandRadio: Otherwise, try and find another person to do it for you, getafreelancer.com is a good place.
    IndieBandRadio: He spells "through" as "threw" as well.
    IndieBandRadio: Goodbye. If you need me again ask craig to IM me and let me know.
    Eworker247: Ok what i am not craig and you just lost big money bye
    Eworker247: I pay before you start
    IndieBandRadio: I lost 90 bucks, doesn't make a difference he ****ed me out of 300, I don't doubt you're him anyways.
    IndieBandRadio: Yes, looking at Craigs reviews on getafreelancer.com, the only time he paid in advance, he filed a complaint with paypal and got it back.
    Eworker247: Well then escrow
    Eworker247: because threw escrow i give you the money and when i give you the money escrow give you the money when i recive the website
    IndieBandRadio: That's just as easy to scam with. Goodbye, if you'd like another freelancer, visit getafreelancer.com and post your project. You can probably get it done cheaper.
    *** "Eworker247" signed off at Wed May 11 19:40:57 2005.
    It shows he signed off because I blocked him.

Today I noticed he was changing passwords for his admin accounts, and deleting all records of me (IE, posts, accounts, etc.) from all of the sites I setup for him.

I'm sure he figured out that I knew he wasn't going to pay me. There were a few he didn't touch so I made backups, deleted the sites, and the databases. He messages me several hours later, 3AM to be exact, here's the conversation.

craighill33: your not gettin paid for messing with my hosting
    *** Auto-response sent to craighill33: Sleeping.
    Protege Chris: Wasn't getting paid in the first place. I have the backups for everything but seeing as you started changing passwords, ignoring me, and going away for days at a time, you were never planning to pay me for the work I had done.
    Protege Chris: You can take down programmertalk.com, I set that up.
    craighill33: I have backups too and I have contacted hostgator and they will not be canceling my hosting nor will you be getting paid
    Protege Chris: aww
    craighill33: and if you keep messing with me
    craighill33: remember I have your address
    Protege Chris: You have backups of my work craig, I have the right to take my work down since you never paid.
    craighill33: and I will show up to your front door
    Protege Chris: Don't worry craig. Filing a civil suit Monday morning at the courthouse.
    Protege Chris: Thanks for the threat, that's going to look great.
    craighill33: lol ok you do that
    Protege Chris: You need to take down all the things I've done since you're not planning on paying for the work.
    craighill33: lol
    craighill33: i see what you did to namesville
    craighill33: that is nice
    Protege Chris: Yeah, it's great isn't it. You just made excuse after excuse for over a month.
    Protege Chris: You don't have a hundred thousand dollars in your paypal, I don't think you even have the mental capacity to run a hosting company, which would explain why all of your sites are hosted somewhere else.
    *** "craighill33" signed off at Thu May 12 02:58:24 2005.
    If he uses my work, he needs to pay me for the work. We never agreed that he could pay a million days later, I believed him when he said he lost the first money order. But when he said he lost 1 or 2 more, I started getting nervous, but I kept doing work for him, because he seemed like a cool guy, but obviously I was wrong. Non-payment gives me every right to take my work out, he shouldn't benefit from work he stole. I gave him well over a month, almost two to redeem himself.

I kept doing work and work and more work, because I was counting on the small chance that these were all coincidences and he really was going to pay me, because otherwise, I'm not going to be able to do the engine swap this summer, or buy a new family beater, or anything else I planned to do. I have 270 dollars in paypal, the engine is 300, but I need new struts. I'm going to try to get the rest of it, because I just can't not get this engine.

I wish so badly I had logged everything ever said between himself and I. He always acted friendly, "Oh I've been to texarkana!", and other things like that.

He lives on Sunnydell in
    Waco, TX 76711

No exact address because I don't think it's appropriate. Why an address at all? Because this texan ****ed another. Next texas CP meet should be at his house

So to you, Craig Hill, for ****ing my plans. I salute you with a big

Time to find new work

92 Protege DX - Sold.
    91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
    95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
    96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
    90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
    98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

that sucks dude, take him to court... Judge Judy
    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

LMFAO at www.namesville.com...
      Attached Files
      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

I had variations of that on the other sites I took down, seems the host of those fixed that. He said he had a backup of namesville hewas going to restore. Looks like he's too stupid to delete the index.html, considering that it's been almost 8 hours and he saw it 2 hours ago.

Also, his house does not look like something someone that's "rich" would live in.

Looking at google maps, his house doesn't look like he's that rich

Anyways, he beat me out of Talkcrap.com, and Programmertalk.com sadly.. Those were the ones I spent the most time on, next to namesville.

92 Protege DX - Sold.
        91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
        96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
        98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Take him to court. Or go to his house and whoop his ass

Comment

have a denial of service place on his gay ass.
            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

I'm going to make this guy's life a living hell however I can

Good news is they still have the BP and i'm only 45 bucks short now

92 Protege DX - Sold.
              91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
              96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
              98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

DAMN! Sucks to hear that, and what you did to the site is AWESOME! lmao! Hope it all works out for the best!

Comment

------------------------------------------------
                  Start of craighill33 buffer: Thu May 12 21:13:14 2005
                  Protege Chris: lol scammer
                  craighill33: ok
                  *** Auto-response sent to craighill33: counterstrike
                  Protege Chris: Craig Hill
                  2112 Sunnydell Street
                  Waco, TX 76711

Phone Number: 254-498-1754

Protege Chris: I've got your info too so right back at ya.
                  craighill33: the number is right
                  Protege Chris: And your house doesn't look like you're too rich
                  craighill33: but not the address
                  craighill33: lol my house if very nice thank you
                  Protege Chris: You need to take down the discusstax.com and programmertalk or put about 100 bucks in my paypal account bro.
                  craighill33: go ahead and keep messing with me
                  Protege Chris: I'm not messing with you, that's work I did and you have no right to use it without paying for it.
                  craighill33: you didnt do no work for me
                  Protege Chris: No? Why the **** would I turn down other work to finish things for you?
                  Protege Chris: You not only made me lose money but now you're too bitch to come through on your end of the deal?
                  Protege Chris: I should have known you were full of lies from your bad reviews on getafreelancer
                  Protege Chris: You did the same with him, only a bit different. You paid him, then you got the work, then you filed a dispute with paypal to get your money back.
                  Protege Chris: You're a thief.
                  Protege Chris: And I'll let you know one thing, you will not get away with it. I will do everything in my power to make your life a living hell.
                  End of craighill33 buffer: Thu May 12 21:13:14 2005
                  After he said I haven't done any work for him he stopped talking. That address is correct as of May 4th, 2005. All of his domains have the same information.

He claimed to have a successful hosting company, yet their forums have only 3 members, and his "support" numbers are all out of service.

92 Protege DX - Sold.
                  91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
                  96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
                  98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

post this **** on the *other* board... there's a bunch of people there from texas who may have hookups
                    TheMAN
                    '01 BJFP MT
                    '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
                    No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
                    It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
                    -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
                    -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
                    -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
                    No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

*Cross-posts* for the simple fact I love spreading his information.

I've reported him to the site he gets workers for his sites at, they've refunded all the fees I got charged for him never finishing paying through escrow so I kept getting charged, they removed their BAN they had placed on me, and I'm warning them all

Tomorrow his sites will be spammed.

92 Protege DX - Sold.
                      91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
                      96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
                      98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

i thin kthe owner of the festiva board lives in waco....u should post there there too....

xpnsyd is his name on there.
                        93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                        02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                        05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

I don't think ill join a board just to crosspost something :p:

He is an idiot, he hasn't even changed his admin login info for one of his cpanel accounts, which is a master for several of his domains.

www.namesville.com/cpanel . Username is "names", password is "igothugeballs"

92 Protege DX - Sold.
                          91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
                          96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
                          98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Originally posted by txkprotege
                            I don't think ill join a board just to crosspost something :p:

He is an idiot, he hasn't even changed his admin login info for one of his cpanel accounts, which is a master for several of his domains.

www.namesville.com/cpanel . Username is "names", password is "igothugeballs"
                            IP Deny Manager

This feature will allow you to block a range of IP addresses to prevent them from accessing your site. You can also enter a fully qualified domain name, and the IP Deny Manager will attempt to resolve it to an IP address for you.

got his IP???

Comment

I wish

92 Protege DX - Sold.
                              91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
                              96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
                              98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Working...
                              X