This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgive me I'm lazy

I'm shure this has been posted before but I'm f*cking lazy so here it goes.

How hard would it be to put a protege front sway bar on my 323. I don't have one and the way I drive I definetly need one.
    www.gopostal.com

If NISMO stands for NISsan MOtorsports . . . . Does HOMO stand for HOnda MOtorsports ?

lol
    Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

apparently from what I remember, you have to drop the front subframe, or whatever its called, and its a PITA to do.... BPT323 did it I think, might ask him.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

^ i think ryan has done just about everything suspension wise to his BG's. if he hasnt actually done, he probably knows the answer
        1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

AHAAHH its a pian bro.

have 2 floor jack on hand, and 2 jackstands, a healthy breaker bar, and a pry bar, and a couple of good hammers, a wire brush to clean the bolt heads, safety goggles, LOTS OF PAITIANTS.
          Anyways it goes like this, remove both left and right wheels, pull the clip that holds the left and right brake hoses to the front struts, unbolt and remove the swasybar endlinks to the suspension arms, you will have to remove the 2 engine mount bolts attached to the lower frame that goes from front to back, and their 4 mounting bolts to remove it. next remove the 4 bolts the clamp the steering rack to the subframe, remove the 4 blots per front strut let them hang, remove the 2 front bolts and 4 rear bolts of the subframe( the rear ones are nearest the back of the front A arms). And about this point you get to remove the 2 blots and brackets that hold the \sway bar to the subframe.

you will need the pry bar to pry between the subframe and the body of the car to seperate them, as well as pushing the steering rack forward away from the mounting points.

this is not for the shy, be for warned, lots of dirty words will come to your mouth almost naturally.

any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
          And good luck, Oh yeah, one last think, don't forget to pick up some Move it, or some sort of liquid wrech. and presoak the nuts and blots before you start in the morning, this can be a day into night job if you are experienced.

Again, have at her, but you might want to find a pro GT front and rear sway bar set, as they are stiffer, mate them with some polyurethane bushings

the rear bar is super easy, leave it to last so you can laugh at how easy it is.
          Speed Is Nothing Without Control.

Comment

i dun get it...if you are too lazy to click the search button and type a couple of terms into a text box, what makes you (or us for that matter) expect that you'd actually put the fuggin front swaybar on to begin with!

seems like a waste of anyones time to reply to this thread. ANy helpful replies will just be a waste since you won't install a bar anyways b/c you are "too lazy"

lol
            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by slayer4u
              I'm shure this has been posted before but I'm f*cking lazy so here it goes.
              You need to learn and then follow the Three Laws of Forumdynamics. If you don't know what they are, do a SEARCH.

Happy Motoring!
              02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
              MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
              MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
              Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
              MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
              Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
              Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
              Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
              Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
              Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
              Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
              Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
              Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar
                You need to learn and then follow the Three Laws of Forumdynamics. If you don't know what they are, do a SEARCH.

Happy Motoring!
                b/c he is lazy, here ya go.

Oh and I missed that orginal post somehow.... meh, just kinda knew to do that anyways....
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                X