Interior swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior swap

I have a '91 Protege DX and I really want power windows and locks. I found a wrecked '93-'94 LX at a junkyard with a fully intact interior. Instead of swapping the inside door trim onto my existing doors, would it be possible to swap the doors onto my car? Also, would the rest of the interior (dash, seats) fit? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I just started a thread a couple days ago for the exact same thing...except my LX isn't wrecked ...my aol sn is coolguy9272 if you wanna talk about it as you're doing it...im picking my pro up tonight, so let me know...good luck

Here's the thread you're looking for...

Comment

I haven't even bought the wrecked car yet. I just needed to know how easily this stuff would fit. All I want to know is if the doors on a 93-94 model will fit a 91 model. If so, then I have what I need. I just need to buy the car.
      Last edited by Killswitch; 06-20-2005, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by esmacmil
        Here's the thread you're looking for...

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17157

Yeah...this will answer your question...

Comment

That's not helping very much. You don't specify if the doors will fit, which is what I want to know.

Comment

The doors fit, but bolting them on should be the easy part...getting the power accessories to work is going to be the problem...seats and interior parts will too

Comment

im not sure of all the years but my 323 has the plug already terminated in the door sil besides that its like 2-3 relays and a fuse!(well besides the actual door swap)
              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

what do u mean? can you be a little more descriptive?

Comment

91 to 94 are still the same cars just interior styling got better

Comment

Originally posted by viper_707
                    91 to 94 are still the same cars just interior styling got better
                    Not true. I had to find a taillight replacement for my '91 and tried one off a '94 and it didn't fit. The body styles from 91 to 94 were altered just slightly. The interiors are all the same, but the exterior was changed just a tiny bit.

Comment

ok, instead of making 600 different chassis harnesse the made 2-3 (2 door, 4 door ect)
                      so the wiring for the fuse box and all the under the dash stuff(minus the relays and fuse are there, if you pull the boot off of the door sil harness and look at the plug, all the wires are there,(kinda plug and play) hope this helps
                      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by Killswitch
                        Not true. I had to find a taillight replacement for my '91 and tried one off a '94 and it didn't fit. The body styles from 91 to 94 were altered just slightly. The interiors are all the same, but the exterior was changed just a tiny bit.
                        even interior is slightlt different, like door panels, etc...

Comment

Exactly. It would be easier to just swap the doors than to swap the inside panels. They just need to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Killswitch
                            That's not helping very much. You don't specify if the doors will fit, which is what I want to know.
                            i don't mean to be an ass but why the hell would you think the doors wouldn't fit. their the same car, but one has more options and a different engine.

Comment

I swapped power windows, mirrors, and cruise in about 4 hours, swapping doors seams like it would be a pain, aligning it once installed, pulling the fender off, but it might be easier

LX Steps: (roll all the windows down before disconnecting the driverside windows switch)
                              1st get the power windows half way down, makes unbolting the glass much easier
                              take the glass out, unbolt the motor and slide, unplug it, then pull it out
                              next you need to remove the wire harness, just look at it, you can figure it out, it unplugs under the kick panel
                              take the door panel, wire harness, and motor to your DX

(DX and LX Glass are the same, my DX glass is tinted so I reused it, no Mods)
                              DX Steps:
                              pull the door panel
                              crank the window down to loosen the bolts that hold the glass
                              remove the glass, then the manual slide
                              remove the wire harness the same as before on the LX
                              then reinstall in reverse order

Driverside windows switch has to be connected before any windows will work

Good Luck, dapro
                              94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
                              (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

Working...
                              X