I want a scooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a scooter

I was at the beach last week, my friends and I rented some scooters to form the scooter gang of all scooter gangs (I'm on the red one):

They were a freaking blast and a half even though I couldn't get mine going any faster than 38mph. They were the 50cc models. If I had an extra grand laying around or so, I'd so pick one of these freaking things up, but I'd get the 150cc 4-stroke model.

We filled up our three scooters, I had a half tank left for $3.80, which was 1.8 gallons. Man it was awesome. Anyone else experience the awesomeness of the scooters? This place has one like I rented except faster (70mph, omg omg) for a cool $1699 shipped! Oh man I want it so bad!

Dan
    dreesemonkey

d0od im glad im not the only one who had a blast on scooters, myself and like 7 friends rented them in hampton beach NH and freaking terrirized the communty,

the d0od who rented to us was so freaked out when 8 guys were all excited to rent scooters, lol he was stressing how we have to treat them as a reg automobile, no passing people, no playing around, nothing, we were like yea yea yea lol, we freaking abused the crap outa them, we were jumping curbs, passing people on the sidewalks we would all be on a big straight away going for top speed lol which was like 40mph and we would reach over and hit the kill switch on our friends scooters, lol

but this is what the ones we rented looked like.

.....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Muahahaha... Scooters are teh w1n!!! We had so much fun on them, though I did dump it in the gravel (I floored it and was trying to get it to fishtail... yep, it did) hahahaha.... I felt like such and ass but it was still fun and the scooter wasn't damaged.

Though now that I think about it, unless my friends had them it would probably be pretty gay for me to cruise around on it in town. I could buy a used Ninja 250 for about the same price... something I was considering for next year anyway.

I've gotta say, I've never had as much fun on my motorcycle (when I had it) as I did on these scooters. If they were a little bit faster they would be the best.
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
        Damn did anyone notice this one comes with an alarm and remote start, now that's classy.

Looks like the next time I go to Hampton Beach I'll have to be renting a scooter for the day.
        Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

When we went to Key West in 2000 we were going to rent the scooters...unfortunately I couldn't drive one, my mom isn't even good on a bike, and the place we went to you had to be 18 to drive them, so my brother was out too. So my dad came up with the idea to rent 2 scooters and I'd ride with my dad and my brother would ride with my mom. Just to see if my mom could do it, they let her try one in the parking lot. She dumped it on her own, had a bit of a laugh, then my brother got on and she dumped it into a Mercedes C280, leaving a huge black scuff on the side of the rear bumper, on a white Mercedes, and she scraped up her knee a little, so we decided against that. An uncle came on the trip with us, so he wasn't going to rent one if we weren't. Well, he said he'd hang around the pool while we went around Key West...we got back to the hotel and didn't see him by the pool. Seconds later he pulls up on a scooter, though his shirt is torn, pants are torn, he's bleeding from like 4 places, and the bike is pretty beat up. He decided to rent a scooter anyway but went to another place that didn't have insurence. Several minutes after renting it, he was doing about 40 when a car cut him off and he wrecked on the road and just about destroyed his elbow. He was laughing about it though, until he took the scooter back and had to pay $628 in repairs.

I've ridden 2 small bikes, 1 was a Honda 75CC 3 speed. It was awsome, small, quick, and if you shifted and kept on the throttle it would really kick. One of my friends had this other small bike that I rode but it was pretty junky, almost hit a telephone pole(the seat was loose so I went up onto the sidewalk and the seat shifted), then the throttle got messed up so I had the brilliant idea to rather than redo the cable, create a foot pedal. It worked, but got stuck on, and I did a Superman and dumped it right in my nieghbor's front yard. Heh.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
            Muahahaha... Scooters are teh w1n!!! We had so much fun on them, though I did dump it in the gravel (I floored it and was trying to get it to fishtail... yep, it did) hahahaha.... I felt like such and ass but it was still fun and the scooter wasn't damaged.

Though now that I think about it, unless my friends had them it would probably be pretty gay for me to cruise around on it in town. I could buy a used Ninja 250 for about the same price... something I was considering for next year anyway.

I've gotta say, I've never had as much fun on my motorcycle (when I had it) as I did on these scooters. If they were a little bit faster they would be the best.
            i was thinking the same thing, unless a few friends had them, i'd feel like a total homo, lol the best part about the trip we had on our scooters was everytime a guy would ride by us on a real bike we would all beep the horn and wave at him, lol
            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!
            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
            X