MAP-ECU at Corksport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAP-ECU at Corksport?

I was wondering if anyone had any idea about this product or had heard anything about the quality, ease of installation and tuning etc...? Thought it was pretty trick sounding anyway, being able to get rid of the factory air meter! Thanks for any help!
    MAP ECU

MAP ECU
    (sorry image won't work)

The MAP-ECU (Manifold Absolute Pressure Electronic Control Unit) is designed to provide two main functions:

* Removal of the stock air flow meter (hotwire, flap, and Karman-Vortex style) and conversion to speed-density (MAP) based tuning.
    * Complete control over your OEM ECM fuel table by tuning the air flow signal traveling to the ECM, allowing you to install larger injectors, forced induction, or other major engine modifications.

For 649.99 I would consider it, a little pricey but still would be worth it if it works!!

The MAP-ECU will work on any late model fuel injected vehicle using most major types of air metering systems (hotwire, flap, and Karman-Vortex) found in use today. It can be installed on any 1-16 cylinder engine in less than an hour, and completely replaces the restrictive factory air meter. The benefits include:

* More horsepower and torque by removal of the restrictive factory air meter.
    * The ability to use the stock ECM to control larger fuel injectors and/or performance upgrades
    * Retains the daily driveability of the stock ECM usually sacrificed with a full aftermarket engine management upgrade.
    * Built-in manifold pressure sensor capable of reading up to 30 PSI boost pressure.
    * Real-time tuning using Windows® based MAP-CAL software supplied with the unit.
    * High-resolution 374 point table (0-8000 RPM and -10 to 30 PSI) allows fine tuning for performance and driveability.
    * Built-in display and logging of key engine parameters such as RPM, Throttle Position, Boost Pressure, and Airflow.
    * On-board support for display and logging of popular aftermarket wideband Lambda sensors/controllers.
    * On-board programmable NOS window activation switch can also be used to turn on other accessories at set RPM/PSI points.
    * Simple piggy-back installation only requires 5 wires to operate with no major re-wiring of OEM components.

CorkSport is working on premade fuel maps for Mazda vehicles. If you would like to purchase a unit we can provide a base map if it is available.

the only issue with the MAP sensor is that it doesn't automatically account for changes you make to the engine... i.e. it doesn't necessarily see your engine's extra volumetric efficiency, and won't compensate for mods very well...

in OTHER words, each time you stick on a go-fast mod you'd have to adjust the ECU. Small price to pay but still sort of a pain.
    Ask me about engine management!

Comment

you know that a megasquirt is only like 200 from start to finish?
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.