Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took some pictures, of the space or lack of space for the oem radiator..

the first is without....the last are with the oem radiator....im tryin to figure out what the other guy used on his pro. But i think it was custom. So now im searching to get a custom one made.

With Radiator:

any suggestions. ive tried the v6 mx3 radiator, which is too wide, and the 4cyl one..

And by the way...the oem one rubs against the positive wire alternator...which touches the radiator..which welll sparks..soo definately wont work..
    Last edited by jitb37; 07-12-2005, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Very nice, are you shure for the miata clutch cause when i looked at the bp and the miata one the fork in the middle where really not the same lenght. The clutch bearing for the miata was really smaller then the protege bp one
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/protila
      Transmission mechanic

Comment

None of that matters, b/c the guy who has my old motor in his Mx3 is using a Miata clutch/pressure plate in a g series tranny. And it runs perfect.

Comment

Thanks i'll have a look back cause there's some really nice clutch kit for the miata
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/protila
          Transmission mechanic

Comment

tried one of the pint sized civic ones? You might could find a way to get one to snaek in there....

other then that, I would have to say your going to have to go custom as well.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

so can i use the axles in my v6 mx3 with the bp tranny when i drop the bpt in.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                tried one of the pint sized civic ones? You might could find a way to get one to snaek in there....

other then that, I would have to say your going to have to go custom as well.

matter of a fact im getting a civic radiator this weekend for 10$.. So hopefully taht will work. That is the last of it and i need to buy a Clutch slave cylinder and im ready to drive.

the mx3 v6 axles wont work with the g tranny, or any 4 cylinder tranny.

Comment

awesome work, was thinking of doing a bpt into my 94, but the KL03 might be a good choice also. I will wait till you get the radiator problem solved before I decide tho.
                  94 Protege DX... A work in progress.
                  Spring Tech Springs
                  Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
                  Cone Filter
                  17" Rotas
                  More to Come......

Comment

Its solved, it was my core support that was causing the problem, it was pushed back a little by a accident last year. Which cause me to have NO space. but i just puleld the core support in its proper space, and the protege radiator fits. just have to find the correc those to reach the radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
                      Its solved, it was my core support that was causing the problem, it was pushed back a little by a accident last year. Which cause me to have NO space. but i just puleld the core support in its proper space, and the protege radiator fits. just have to find the correc those to reach the radiator.
                      awesome! (well not good about the wreck part, but) glad you got it all together.

Comment

Got some things done this weekend.
                        - took of the a/c compressor and installed a non A/C belt..b/c my a/c ciomponents are completly removed, and it gave me some more space to run my radiator hoses.
                        -new PAssenger side Axle installed
                        -Replaced The Clutch Master And Slave Cylinder (it took me about 2 hours to beleed the clutch line b/c my friend is acomplete dumb ass and he wasnt releasing the pedal all theway when he pumped the pedal....WHAT A NOOB!!)
                        - Bought some Radiator hose, but i need 2 more pieces to get tommorrow.

But when i was tightening one ofthe power steering hoses to the rack and pinion i unloosened one of them and now i cant get it back in, i think its crossthreaded or soemthing...but it wont catch thread now.. Sooo i might be p/s less for awhile. But thats no biggie. Soo finish time should be Tommorrow afternoon...noi later than Wednesday. And i also got to get soem hood pins.. due to the damage from the accident waaay back.

Comment

Radiator installed and hooked up
                          Fan hooked up, but too big, have to get a smaller one later....
                          Engine runs good.

Now i need a Driver side axle- and i still need a p/s hose. but that can wait. once i get theaxle i can drive it. i got a lil video today, the car ran insane rich, so rich taht gas actually spews out the exhaust. in the video, but its all fixed now. turned the idle down and it runs almost perfect, and set the itming and everything.
                          Attached Files

Comment

congrats d00d. Glad its all running good for j00.

Comment

Some pictures...almost done, once i get another axle for the driver side im ready to go..
                              new passenger side axle:

Radiator hooked up and barely fitting..will have to do for now. My radiator fan is huge soo it looks like im gonna have to hack up the core support to make it fit right and to be able to put the hood back on. B/c i dont want to buy another one. ive got a civic radiator but it wont fit in the space either its too fat. And plus that fan cools like no other...sootime to break out the sawzall

Millenia straight neck manifold, more zoom zoom for me....

My old motor and its new home..soon to be boosted...probrably by the weekend.

Last edited by jitb37; 07-20-2005, 02:25 AM.

Comment

holy crap that fan is huge......... dont think you'll be having cooling issues eh?

very nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X