• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike_moss
    No joke, buddy.

can i ask ....Why in the world.

Comment

I'm not fond of the fully black topped bumpers or removing my crash brace. I've been in accidents before and I don't mind sacrificing a few pounds to save my life and my car.

It'd come down to whether or not it can be done, I think. Either way, I won't be going through with this until I'm happy with how quick the car is.
      My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
      - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

i deff think im going to try this ...

Comment

let me put this in your mind. how many people do you know die from 20 mile per hour accidents? i don't know of any that have. if your willing to get behind the wheel of a car your willing to get in an accident. this subject has been covered tons of time is just stupid to hear it said yet again. a drunk driving is going to hit you just the same with or with out the braces. i have been hit a few time by cars with my bumpers adn teh glass never even cracked it just pushed the bumper in a bit and scuffed the paint.

NEUMAN

Comment

I like to beat on my car. That said, hitting 3 foot snowbanks mid-winter is a great past time for me. That crash brace aids in taking the impact from **** like that. I don't drive a show car. If I did, I'd remove it and showoff my cool JDM ****. But I don't. I understand that if I get hit hard enough my ****'s gonna get ****ed either way, but I was talking about light impacts.

Hell, me and my buddy Dave (superdave, some of you may see him post) even bump eachothers cars while driving!

Now, if you don't agree with all that - fine. Then take my second reason for doing it into consideration...I don't like the way the black moulding colour extends all the way to the top of the bumper.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Wow, that looks really nice.

Just don't put a spoiler on it, that would ruin the whole thing IMO.
              ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

I have done this mod years ago B/c i hate usdm Diving boards the back bumper made the car look funny and it kept my brother in law from jumping on the back bumper when i cut mine the next time he tried to jump on the back bumper he had no where to land on and winded up eating gravel. LOL :rofl:
                Last edited by mazdaboy1974; 07-27-2005, 09:41 AM.
                I Do not own a Mazda anymore!

Comment

Before everyone calls me out on this thread, I'd just like to note that I'm going to eat my words this time.

I recently got a handle on front and rear '92+ Interplay bumpers and will be installing them as-is on my car...no modifications as I planned. I'm not fond of the blacktop of the JDM bumpers, but it might grow on me...and if it doesn't, then I'll end up changing them in the future.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up before I post up pics w/that **** on my car.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

JDM is the only way to go. If you plan on some fiberglass to save your ass then your **** out of luck. Cause these cars arent made to crash. plus get some insurance this way you wont give rats ass if some one hits you. more $$ in your pocket. a rolling chassis goes for $200 to $500 so go figure
                    Last edited by TurboProto; 08-17-2005, 01:17 AM.
                    1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Mine has the fiberglass piece behind it i just removed the styerfoam it was almost gone anways.
                      I Do not own a Mazda anymore!

Comment

what does an interplay bumper look like? thats not one of those hideous fiberglass bodykit bumpers they sell on corksport is it?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by southerncross View Post
                          what does an interplay bumper look like? thats not one of those hideous fiberglass bodykit bumpers they sell on corksport is it?
                          No, it's a JDM bumper, but you can find it on CS: http://corksport.com/store/category/...-exterior.html

Comment

i dont see anywhere that it says "interplay" but im guessing it doesnt suck like the mazstyle chaos bull**** does.
                            sigpic

Comment

"J-Spec 90-94 Protege rear bumper"

Comment

ah, well that makes more sense then. i think im going to try the bumper mod tommorow.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X