People doing Motor Swaps.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People doing Motor Swaps.....

i know there are a bunch of people dropping out the 1.5L.. there is a favour i need to ask... I'm taking out my turbo, and there's one part i really need to go back to stock.... the stupid Precat.... Does any engine swappers still have their precat? Apparently the Cali cats are different than my canadian one... or else i'd have one.. I really need one bad......
    98 Protege SE
    -------------------
    1.5L Turbo

you're taking the turbo off your 1.5? if it still works i'd buy it...

Comment

Can you go to a local dealership and ask for the part number of that pre-cat? This is the easiest way to determine if they're really different. Do that, and we'll be certain.

Comment

yeah, turbo is up for sale... 1500 CDN for whole kit...... teo4h turbo, Turbosmart BOV, Vortech FMU, Turbo Manny... all piping...

Intruder, i'll call the local dealership on monday, and find out the part number, then i'll PM you......
        98 Protege SE
        -------------------
        1.5L Turbo

Comment

how much is that in US dollars? what else would be needed to make that turbo run properly? i remember before you were thinking of parting it out, have you sold any of the parts? is the turbo still on the engine?

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
          Mods:
          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

At the current rate 1500 CDN = 1231.52 USD.

Comment

thats just not worth it for the performance boost, for me anyway... hopefully someone else snaps up the deal!

Comment

Originally posted by dreamcastninja
                thats just not worth it for the performance boost, for me anyway... hopefully someone else snaps up the deal!
                um, how cheap did you expect to get a turbo kit for...?!

Comment

its still on the engine, i need a precat before i can take it off... I haven't sold any of the parts yet, thats pretty much all you'd need i think...
                  98 Protege SE
                  -------------------
                  1.5L Turbo

Comment

i remember a post of yours before saying that it needed more fine tuning. can you elaborate? how much boost is this making? so if i buy this kit i can install it and wouldnt worry about anything? have you dynoed it already?

Mods:
                    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

no dyno.. it just needs like 3 hours on a dyno and you'd be fine.... i only had questions about the location of the MAF, and i didn't know if i'm running lean or rich... The kit itself is great... i just didn't take the time or put up the fuss to have it completed perfectly..
                      98 Protege SE
                      -------------------
                      1.5L Turbo

Comment

Intruder, the part for the cat is Z502-20500

does anyone have a match???
                        98 Protege SE
                        -------------------
                        1.5L Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
                          i remember a post of yours before saying that it needed more fine tuning. can you elaborate? how much boost is this making? so if i buy this kit i can install it and wouldnt worry about anything? have you dynoed it already?
                          The kit works, the problem is that it just needs some more things to make it more drivable.
                          Things like gauges, (fuel pressure/boost/egt)
                          He also needs a device for more precise fuel tuning, such as a greddy emanage.
                          And lastly an intercooler. Once you have all that, you'll be set.
                          From there its just time spent on a dyno and then you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by Clappy
                            Intruder, the part for the cat is Z502-20500

does anyone have a match???
                            Checking my parts catalog.

Unfortunately, mine is different.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Intruder; 07-25-2005, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
                              The kit works, the problem is that it just needs some more things to make it more drivable.
                              Things like gauges, (fuel pressure/boost/egt)
                              He also needs a device for more precise fuel tuning, such as a greddy emanage.
                              And lastly an intercooler. Once you have all that, you'll be set.
                              From there its just time spent on a dyno and then you're done.
                              how much more do you think this will take?

Mods:

Comment

Working...
                              X