locked keys in car, help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

locked keys in car, help?

I need to unlock my 1992 protege lx, i lost my key but I think there might be a spare in the car.

how do you convince a coat hanger to get inside? and what if i cant find my spare

plz help

iw ent thru the sunroof with mine.

if all else fials, call a locksmith thats what they do!! they will have your keys in about 15mins.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisKory
      I need to unlock my 1992 protege lx, i lost my key but I think there might be a spare in the car.

how do you convince a coat hanger to get inside? and what if i cant find my spare

plz help

the lock mechanism is 2 inches from the end of the door and you can open it with a coat hanger, make a real tight U at the end of the hanger and feel around fro the key hole lock rod follow it don and push the plate and the end off the rod down,

done

2nd easiest car to break into
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

if you live in the suburbs just call the cops.

Comment

I made the same mistake once, and all I did was feed it through over my window. Made a hook on the end of the hanger, pulled it up against the lock (I assume your lock is like mine was, sticks out by window) and badda bing, open door. (I think this was an extreme stroke of luck, tho.)

Comment

Here's another two. If the window is too tightly closed, start with a thick and long screw driver. Put it between the door and the body part that divides the front and rear door. Do it close to the roof. After you have it a bit separated, put a flat, triangular shaped wood(a wedge)into the space. Since it's a wedge that gets thicker, keep pushing it in and that will keep the door forced a bit open. Remember to put something against the car body so that you don't ruin the car body with the screwdriver. With this method, you have fairly good room for the hanger but with better wiggle room. Don't separate the door too much and it will go right back to where it was with no future leaks. Be careful with the weather stripping.

If the opposite side window is a bit opened, I have an even better method. Get a very thin and long bar, tube, etc. It has to be a firm tubing so it doesn't bend too much. It will have to be long to reach the other door. You then put it through the small opening at the top of that opposite side window and pull the lock tab open from that side.

I have used both in the past and both have worked. Ofcourse I've also just opened up sticking wire hangers down the same door with no wedge and other times with a slim jim. I'm just giving you two options where neither of these more common attempts may be options.

You can also use the locksmith or even get a key cut for the car at the dealership.

Comment

what do i need to bring in to get a key copyed at mazda? my regristration and title are in the glovebox lockedup.

Comment

I locked my keys in the car a few weeks back at a coffee shop in the next town over... I toyed with the idea of calling home to have my spare key driven 40mins out to me, but it was late, and the drive long... So I kept thinking, than I had an idea! ...an I'm proud quite of this one...
                I took apart my passenger wiper and used one of the metal strips that supports the rubber blade to open my locked door!
                On the strip there is a lil notch which acts as a lock to hold the rubber in place when all is assembled. All I did was bend it slightly, put the bent side towords the interior and the notch to the back of the car. Slid it between the glass and weather stripping, once I saw the actuator shudder a bit I knew I found the sweet spot, then pulled up and diagonally back from a point about 1 inch behind the actuator. and in about 3 pulls I was in!!!
                I was even able to re-assemble my wiper blade and put it back on the car!
                I pulled out of the parking lot with a small groupe of impressed friends in the rearveiw mirror!
                '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Your the man! That was great. But, ChrisKory, what the hell were you thinking? Your title AND registration in the glove box? You deserve this punishment.

Comment

Wow thanks guys for the helpful tutorial on how to break into other peoples cars, i always wanted my neighbors bmw
                    Joe H
                    2000 Chevy Impala
                    3400 3.4 Liter V6
                    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

IMO instead of screwing up your window track and possibly scratching up the door panel, just break the damn window and get another at the junkyard! Maybe $20 for another, BFD

1st gen's are so damn abundant at every yard on the planet now that you won'th ave a problem finding another window
                      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
                        the lock mechanism is 2 inches from the end of the door and you can open it with a coat hanger, make a real tight U at the end of the hanger and feel around fro the key hole lock rod follow it don and push the plate and the end off the rod down,

done

2nd easiest car to break into
                        This is how I got into my car. but it was a straigtened out fly-swatter(old skool metal ones) Piece of cake ,just have some patience.
                        DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
                          IMO instead of screwing up your window track and possibly scratching up the door panel, just break the damn window and get another at the junkyard! Maybe $20 for another, BFD
                          That's an option. However, you will then have a good vacuuming to do and it helps to remove the seat. Also, no matter how well you vacuum, little bits of glass seem to keep appearing from time to time. Then, there's loads of glass inside the door itself to be taken out. I've had vandals break both my side windows in this great neighborhood I live in. THEN, even though it's not rocket science, it's still work removing and putting the window from the junkyard. It seems I've had it easier with SOME of the other methods. I have, however, damaged the weatherstripping but only with the wire hanger method without using the wedge to have good enough space to work with. Oh, I forgot, then there's the 20 bucks for the window. I actually only paid $13 each for mine at the U-pick. And Gro's correct in that there's millions of 1st gens at the j/y's.

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem

1st gen's are so damn abundant at every yard on the planet now that you won'th ave a problem finding another window

ever clean up a broken window????
                            i used to have to do it for a living doing coll work, and after an hour i still had to re-do it after they came out of the paint booth cuz the magentic charge produced by the super dry heated air would draw another ****load of glass from every crack..with practice you can get into any car with damage, but in a pinch i guess you could use a skeleton key (i.e. Brick )
                            "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I vote brick.
                              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Working...
                              X