Came home over lunch to test spark. Got spark, cleaned and re-gapped plugs. The plugs were wet with gas from the starting attempt just prior to spark check. So I dried them and pushed the gas pedal all the way to floor and it started up!
Seems to be running well now, I got to operating temp to see if water pump leaks (I assumed Murphy's law would dictate that it would leak). It never did seem to "burp" to allow me to add more coolant, but I got everything hot with no leaks.
TOnight I'll go back and re-assemble everything properly since I left a lot of stuff off for testing.
I'm glad to have it running, it was starting to piss me off.
I guess the bent trigger-wheel teeth aren't a problem after all (so far at least).
IF anyone has questions about T-belts, shoot me an email--I've become very familiar with the process over the last 3 days!